Hey Steve in AZ..Lets Talk Bullets.

Waterhead

Steve,

I tried to post a response to your bullets post but it would not let me so I'll try this.

In response to the 5 bullets that you recovered:

The bullets that you found are an 1861 pattern for the .56 caliber Sharps Carbine. Without putting a mic. on 'em it makes it a little difficult to tell. If the bullets are .54 caliber then it would be for the 1858 Sharps Carbine. These bullets were tie-ring meaning that the paper cartridge was secured to the base of the bullet with a small string.

Both US and CS used this type of bullet however it is well documented by CS troops. I recon that ammunition is my specialty but if you could tell me what types of buttons, ammunition or other military artifacts are dug in the area, I may be able to shed some light on the type of troops.

It's a funny thing but I get happy when I see corn growing. I also get really happy when I dig tie-ring Sharps bullets. Make any since, probably not but you know what I mean.

Great bullets!

John

I cannot send the bullet album on this forum so I will try to email it to you. Any info you can give would be appreciated, Steve

"It's a funny thing but I get happy when I see corn growing. I also get really happy when I dig tie-ring Sharps bullets. Make any since, probably not but you know what I mean."

I'll bite.....why are you happy when you see corn growing? :?:

I get happy when I see the cane down. I can hunt the fields then :) This is down in Louisiana - I go there twice a year to visit family and hunt relics in the cane fields, steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom