Norrovirus

minereader

This subject has nothing to do with metal detecting, but it will if you "catch" it. I came down with this flu-like illness several days ago, and it is horrible! It hits you fast and puts you out of commision for at least several days, up to a week. My wife came down with it today. So, take my advice, folks, and keep plenty of hand sanitizer with you when you go out in public. I don't know who I got it from, but it can come from a gas-pump handle, convenience store door, or whereever. Good luck and use caution!

That's some nasty stuff. I had it and my 3 year old got it. The carpet is stained in her toy room where the diaper just couldn't contain the effects of it.

My little 4 year old has left her mark on my pillow last night :mad: :lol:!!!! Oh well thats what kids are for.

Going around in PA. too. I've had it for a week, and I hope it's winding down now. Knocked me out for a full week. Couldn't move, couldn't breath. Coughed so hard, I pulled all the muscles in my back. Took every cough suppresant, flu-medicine, and expectorant till I used them all up.
I thought I had pnumonia.

Thanks for the comments, folks. I still don't feel like digging. Hope to go later in the week. I, like many others, had my "flu shot" for this season. Personally, I don't see how the Flu could be any worse than this Norrovirus. Good luck to all of you! :?:

BFM said:
Going around in PA. too. I've had it for a week, and I hope it's winding down now. Knocked me out for a full week. Couldn't move, couldn't breath. Coughed so hard, I pulled all the muscles in my back. Took every cough suppresant, flu-medicine, and expectorant till I used them all up.
I thought I had pnumonia.

I actually sat on the toilet and hurled so hard that I pulled muscles in my back. It's nasty stuff.

Ya gotta laugh at this virus, it has brought grown people to their knees :lol:
Who would've thought that puking and pooping could cause so much distress :mad:

I know, Spitfire. My best friend called me last night. SHe lives 2 hrs. away from me. She'd had the very same thing...didn't know which end was going to blast off! Well, they happened to take off at the same time! EEEWWW!!! Her doctor said she had Rotovirus, which sounds like the same thing.

Trudy

Scrltt641 said:
I know, Spitfire. My best friend called me last night. SHe lives 2 hrs. away from me. She'd had the very same thing...didn't know which end was going to blast off! Well, they happened to take off at the same time! EEEWWW!!! Her doctor said she had Rotovirus, which sounds like the same thing.

Trudy
Rotovirus.mmmmmmmnnnnn....that is because you have to "rotate" your body as it lets loose:)

don't forget all the coins you put in your pocket from the store ,just think of all the germs on those babies

I had this back in November, very painful and let me tell you, if you get it make sure to have a garbage pail handy cause it comes out both ends if you catch my drift!! Mine lasted 3 days full blown and then I was still not my normal self for at least a week...YUCK! If you can take precautions please do, I would hate to hear of anymore people getting sick :( Take care all

I'll tell you....That stuff almost did me in. I really feel sorry for those who have it, because we've been there. Funny thing, My wife only had it for 24 hours. She attributes that to my being "full of it". Guess she has a point. Glad you folks are better now!

It's here too. Guy at work who is never sick was out for 5 days, came back coughing and hoarse. Said he hadn't been sick like that in decades. Too weak to move at times. Ish.

:!:And without getting too graphic, here's a tip from The Voice of Experience: If you are in the bathroom and are "previously engaged" :roll: when you have to hurl, don't turn and lean toward the sink--it'll only tsunami out the other side. Turn and lean toward the tub if you can reach it, and with this virus, it sounds like you wouldn't have to be too close to make it!

Back
Top Bottom