Simply Amazing what these will do

Hey! I got one of those lights clipped to the rafters in my basement! And a suit jacket just like that one! I'm an expert at locating graves! Especially in a graveyard! I can tell you with a 100% certainty who is buried there by reading the stone even!:laughing: Wow...everybody needs a hobby, but senile dementia should not be one of them...

Hey! I got one of those lights clipped to the rafters in my basement! And a suit jacket just like that one! I'm an expert at locating graves! Especially in a graveyard! I can tell you with a 100% certainty who is buried there by reading the stone even!:laughing: Wow...everybody needs a hobby, but senile dementia should not be one of them...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We don't need no Steenkin metal detector once we learn how to use one of these.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/l...ound-a-way-to-locate-lost-graves/51-604671497

I bet if he practiced enough, those things could tell you hair, eye color, and if he was left or right handed too.

(just click off the article warning. if you want to see more of the site, just refuse the cookies there)

heck, I have an odor detector and it will determine which coin is silver and which is copper by the odor that is mixed with the ions in the dirt around a coin in the ground. My (Top Secret, eyes only undercover detector) works to depths up to 3 feet. It gives approximate dates of the coins within 2 years. It will find confederate coins that no one has ever found. My company name is Fred Fraud Detecting. At this time I cannot give out the science behind the detector until after my IPO. I have a few sucker, uh, initial investors on the hook and promise them millions on the IPO.

Halloween is approaching. TV stations and newspapers like to run stories like this, around this time of year. "Graveyard related? Jar of thumbs? Good enough...run it!"

They're out there, folks!

K-in-TN, you just HAD to go and post that, eh ? :laughing: Not only dowsing, but when you watch the video, it's a pendulum too. Can't argue with that !

And I love this quote from the old guy :

"It responds to the magnetic energy left in the body after the decay process and the basic elements are there,"

Despite the high-sounding $20 words, no one can ever measure this supposed "energy". Because, of course, it's "un-discovered science". Yet the proponents will always attribute it to something scientific. Albeit as yet not understood. In order to distance themselves from hocus pocus spiritual implications. And you simply CAN'T HAVE THAT eh :?: Thus .... it must be scientific.

How sad that that junk can make it on to normal TV news. As if it's somehow reputable and true.

K-in-TN, you just HAD to go and post that, eh ? :laughing: Not only dowsing, but when you watch the video, it's a pendulum too. Can't argue with that !

And I love this quote from the old guy :

"It responds to the magnetic energy left in the body after the decay process and the basic elements are there,"

Despite the high-sounding $20 words, no one can ever measure this supposed "energy". Because, of course, it's "un-discovered science". Yet the proponents will always attribute it to something scientific. Albeit as yet not understood. In order to distance themselves from hocus pocus spiritual implications. And you simply CAN'T HAVE THAT eh :?: Thus .... it must be scientific.

How sad that that junk can make it on to normal TV news. As if it's somehow reputable and true.

Yep, that's my fav quote in the story too.
And sadly, this is one of the most intelligent things that the "news" people have aired this week.

Sometimes, I just feel sad for some people.

Sometimes, I just feel sad for some people..

Yeah!..Not only for the mentally dementia and fashionably ignorant palsied old guy with the chicken incubator lamp, but for that poor grand kid who had to go with him on his treasure quest!!

Oh well, time spent with G'paw outdoors is good for a kid...Plus, the kid gets some wheel time...driving him home from the bar..You can tell the kid knew the deal and was just playing along...thats a good kid there...

He will have plenty of time hanging out with old G'paw in the graveyard as a visitor...I hope to have a grandkid like that someday!..you know, just hang out and humor me for Familial duties sake? Light my smoke, change my diaper if needed, drive me home, etc..

Nowadays, Its actually hard to get a grandkid to help a guy hunt in a graveyard? On account of vampires and zombies..thanks to Hollywood..kids are scared...they Dont like to visit G'paw at the nursing home either....on account of theres no Wifi ....

The is something about diving rods that you can't explain. If you have ever played with them you would see what I mean. They seem to have a mind of their own. Most don't believe in them but you can't explain their actions.

... Most don't believe in them but you can't explain their actions.

Sure you can "explain their actions". It's called the ideomotor effect :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

There's been slow-mo high resolution studies done on those who claim to do it (and thus claim to be hold them perfectly level, still, etc...). And subtle movements can be seen, if slowed down and made highly magnified and resolute. Yet the proponent will insist to his dying day, that the rods are moving on their own.

And when they agree to test double-blind condition parameters (note that I said: That the PARTICIPANTS AGREE to the test conditions), they fail to show anything beyond blind random chance guessing.

Humorously (or should I say ... sadly), when they are shown these results, they will come up with the wildest theories of why the test wasn't fair, or was skewed by some outside forces that particular day (durned those sun-spots anyhow). And will refuse to believe they don't actually have the ability. :timer:

REDACTED; said:
The is something about diving rods that you can't explain. If you have ever played with them you would see what I mean. They seem to have a mind of their own. Most don't believe in them but you can't explain their actions.

Yeah, actually you can. A prof at my geology field camp taught us how to subtly manipulate them to fool people. The same principle applies to someone holding them and not knowing what he is doing.
And no, I wont teach anyone how to scam someone. (unless I get my cut ;) )

I have been spotting wells for many years for people that are drilling a new well for a house in the country. Maybe you don't believe the dousing thing but I can prove that it can be done if you are lucky enough to have the talent. I also have located buried water and sewer lines. I did a water thing for a Harrisburg TV station and everyone was in awe. My son talked me into doing this for a man that wrote a book on witchcraft and special gifted people. All I need is a nice green fork of cherry wood or other kinds that are not dried out. I have even used a pair of channel locks too. YES, it does work for some people.

.... A prof at my geology field camp taught us how to subtly manipulate them to fool people....

I have no doubt that the proponents/believers think that the rods "have a mind of their own", and that they are not subtly tilting them. And I believe they are not doing it purposefully to "manipulate" people. Ie.: they sincerely believe they work. They are just unaware that they are subject to the ideomotor effect. After all, that's why it's called "subconscious". Because you're not conscious that you're doing it.

And you might *THINK* this would be resolved by simple double blind test studies of claimed-abilities, right ? The strange thing is, that doesn't show them :?: Instead, they rely on anecdotal tests of their own. And when you go to show them the more-plausible explanations of those claimed results (to show how subconscious terrain clues could be at play, etc....), again: They will deny and explain away.

I can understand believing in it. But what I don't understand, is that in the face of point-blank refutation, it falls on deaf ears. Strange.

I have been spotting wells for many years for people that are drilling a new well for a house in the country....... I also have located buried water and sewer lines. I did a water thing for ....

Why does this seem to come up in the discussions: Water dowsing. But .... last time I checked, this is a metal detecting forum. Eh ? :?: So (with all-due respect) what does this have to do with metal detecting ? :?:

Ok, but since you changed the subject to water dowsing :

a) You do know that anywhere leaves fall, there is water in the ground, right ?

b) Have you see the double blind test results done with those who say they can do it ?

But assuming you, or someone, has found "the shallowest water" in a given field or yard, thus appearing to "have the ability" . Even if we grant that (ignoring the double blind test results, for the moment), then here's my explanation for this:

There is no doubt that some people can, by subtle terrain clues, guess the most-likely spots for naturally occurring ground water tables. In the same way: I know a guy, who's been doing nuggets in the Sierra foothills for 35-ish years now. He is now SO GOOD, that if you brought him out to ANY ravine, or gully, or stream, or canyon, he can instantly point out the most likely place that nuggets can be found. JUST due to his many decades experience and thus "6th sense" about nugget placement.

SO TOO can it be for the water thing . The only difference is, the dowser is simply using rods that he tilts (and thinking the rods are actually doing it, or that there's some "power" or "attraction", etc...). When in actual reality, the same guy can accomplish the same thing, by simply walking about there (like my nugget friend) and simply viewing/reading the landscapes. Thus: The rods do nothing.

Why does this seem to come up in the discussions: Water dowsing. But .... last time I checked, this is a metal detecting forum. Eh ? :?: So (with all-due respect) what does this have to do with metal detecting ? :?:

I'm getting pretty good dowsing for cans of Beer! With nothing but a mouse! Ya see, I get up early of a morning and look at the weather, then I step lively and hot foot it over to hunt the beaches and corresponding trashcans local that had some Humanoid activity the night before!...Freaking Aye it works! Free beer! Fast and easy!

So yeah! If a guy pours the wizzys of @10 empties into one can, a guy has nearly a FULL one! Then, since MI has a 10c deposit per empty, a guy can BUY a full 12oz down at the StopNRob with the aluminum container husks!

Its amazing how cootered a guy can get by simply drinking the wizzys of cast off cans before Sun-up!! Its like everybody on the whole beach was handing you a beer for breakfast and chanting Chug! Chug! Chug!!:laughing:

Yeah I believe in dowsing! Not for water though!..Water is about everywhere around here! Who needs water? Plus its unhealthy! As noted US laureate and observationalist WC Fields quoted:..."Drink water? Water? Dear me no! Fish Function in it!":laughing:

Attachments

• cans 62213.jpg
    cans 62213.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 467

Ok, but since you changed the subject to water dowsing :

Geez, Tom, a little harsh there. He didn't really change the subject. The subject was dowsing, and he added his input on a common form of dowsing, which is a (often disputed) form of locating...which is why it comes up on metal detecting sites. You see that. Dispute away! I'm with ya there. Don't believe in it. I do believe in hearing related or even opposing discussion from someone with experience.

... I do believe in hearing related or even opposing discussion from someone with experience.

I'm all game for seeing the evidence too. And by "evidence", I mean: Evidence that doesn't have a) more plausible explanations, and b) survives double-blind tests.

I hope that isn't "a little harsh" to say that.

If it worked, there would be a LOT of rich people by all the claims that I see. Same for LRLs. Talk is cheap.

Science requires Evidence. Religion only requires Belief.

Back
Top Bottom