I hope He ROTS in Jail or Prison

When I read the book I respected him. Just a CROOK with a capital "C" that took people that trusted in him to the cleaners.

On a smaller scale that would be like me being hired to find a gold ring and finding it but keeping it. No more than a low life thief.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/treasure-hunter-faces-charges-missing-coins-46969702

Interesting situation. It's funny how people think they are "entitled" to so many things. Sure there is some gray area in treasure hunting, but when it's written in black and white, uh... that's not gray!!

The article doesn't go into much detail. Why was he in court/jail in the first place (before the contempt charge) and why are you calling him a thief?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He bilked his investors out of millions of dollars and where the treasure he found is located only he knows. He has been sued and refuses to tell where the treasure is located. The judge has held him in contempt of court for not revealing the location of the treasure that is due his investors.

Yes He Is a thief.

The article doesn't go into much detail. Why was he in court/jail in the first place (before the contempt charge) and why are you calling him a thief?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He bilked his investors out of millions of dollars and where the treasure he found is located only he knows. He has been sued and refuses to tell where the treasure is located. The judge has held him in contempt of court for not revealing the location of the treasure that is due his investors.

Yes He Is a thief.

If you read about the side wheel mail carrier the SS Central America you will get the details. He went to investors with the idea to find it and raise the tons of gold on it. They BELIEVED in him. Well he found it and took the gold off it and RAN with all of it and their money. He didn't pay one back. They funded his ships, The side scan sonar, his robot Nemo, EVERYTHING that made his dream a reality.

He didn't steal from the government. He stole from all the people that backed him and believed in him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Central_America

Scuba

All along , i thought you were a real pirate :laughing: , don't tell me your going to try to return gold like Craig :lol:, :pirates::pirates::pirates::pirate2::police::snapoutofit: Just a pirate that got caught .

serveimage

I remember reading the article. And figured that there's just no reason for what he did other than just being plain greedy. But I don't understand why he's holding out telling the whereabouts of the remaining treasure. He's been held in contempt for over a year, when he goes to court, will probably get a pretty stiff sentence ,so what does he gain by not turning over the remaining treasure to the investors . I dint think he's going to be able to enjoy it , not were he'll be . :jail:

Me a pirate? LOL I think everyone here knows better than that! I give my finds away.

Hmmmm... Or, you're just SO GOOD at being a pirate, you make us THINK you're giving them all away.

Probably not, but that would be soooo pirate of you to do that. :)

When are you headed out to find more gold diving, mate?

Hmmmm... Or, you're just SO GOOD at being a pirate, you make us THINK you're giving them all away.

Probably not, but that would be soooo pirate of you to do that. :)

When are you headed out to find more gold diving, mate?

I will be going to Detroit on Wed. I have all my gear. Just do not know if I will try it yet. I am thinking one dive won't kill me!

Yes He Is a thief.

Don't forget the part where he evaded law enforcement and the very one else looking to him fo a couple of years. He's a dirt ag and let him rot. Some one will eventually figure out where the gold is.

If it does, you'll be dead, and won't care. LOL

I say go for it. Gonna be cold, but hey, you go where the gold is!

I went, stuck my hand in the water for about 15 seconds and it must have hurt for a good 20 minutes after that. NO diving for me yet on the great lakes. I am going to try my luck at an inland lake soon.

I am ready for some serious detecting! 310.00 in land quarters is not exciting!

I went, stuck my hand in the water for about 15 seconds and it must have hurt for a good 20 minutes after that. NO diving for me yet on the great lakes. I am going to try my luck at an inland lake soon.

I am ready for some serious detecting! 310.00 in land quarters is not exciting!

Isn't that funny!? Last night I pulled $5.35 (I don't count pennies), in less than 75 minutes from a Middle School field. I came home slightly depressed because I didn't find a ring. I'd rather have tiny $1 silver ring in the hand than $5. Ain't that a kick in the pants! But it goes to show we all are in it for slightly different reasons. I know folks who would be over the moon to find $5 in 75 minutes. For me, $2.80-$3.00 is my latest "average." And I only hit $5 in that time frame because target #2 was a presidential dollar.

At first glance, $310 in quarters sounds like it would be SO much fun! But... for those who aren't in it for the quarters, it's like getting paid a decent amount to go out and fill up your time. Sure, it's fun, but not "where it's at," if your in it for something else. For you, it's diving, for sure. :)

Looking forward to hearing all your tales of glory when you get back in the land of mermaids.

Cheers!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom