What is the best digging tool?

Scrumhalf2

Just wondering what tools you guys use. Right now I'm using just a regular garden trowel and it has been hurting my hands/wrist since it is not very effective. Anyone have the same problem with hand/wrist pain? Both from digging and swinging?

PredatorTools...
5 yr. Warranty

I enjoy using the Model 31 Raptor, Little Eagle, Relic Pro 80
You won't need to buy another one, maybe a different one.

Pain could be from poor body mechanics.
I abuse my left shoulder, digging scooping and sifting.

If I find some Gold, I don't feel no pain.
Otherwise I take a few Avils now and then.

Yah the Predator/Lesche is nice because there is a flat piece of steel on the lower handle. You can use your palm on it and digging with two hands helps on the pain.

I've been using the same 3-in1 knife for about thirty years now and wouldn't trade it for anything else. They say that the new ones aren't the same. From what I've seen, the Japanese Hori-Hori knife looks just like my old 3-in -1 knife, but I haven't seen one up close. If I ever lost mine, I'd probably try one of them.

Most people like the Lesche, built very well but I didn't care for the straight blade on it. I rather have a digger with more of a "scoop" to the blade, it helps in digging the dirt out of the hole. The one in the picture is like the one I have been using, I really like it and it's not real expensive. Steve.

Attachments

• wap_101s.jpg
    wap_101s.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 670
I use a swiss army bayonett and a common potting shovel (only use the shovel at constrution or field sites) I am going to buy a Lesche if I do not get one for Xmas.

The Lesche seems to be the hands down fav. on our site, but if the price
is a bit too much for your budget, I reccomend and use the $9.00 digging
trowel from Ohio detector supply. (Avail on Ebay) It's excellent!!

Back
Top Bottom