Oak Island

I have to admit, I watched a few episodes a few seasons back and was vaguely interested.

But the pacing of the show was so frustrating. It does so much recapping and re-previewing and teasering and all of those really irritating reality tv techniques that are best summed up in this hilarious british comedy sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFtl2XXnUc :laughing:

I mean really, I'd be much happier watching 3 interesting episodes than 3 episodes worth of content stretched out into 15 episodes.

I watch it because metal detecting has a role in the series. The big money is in the show itself. The brothers and partners have formed a company and make a little with tours n such. Money is in advertisers and we see them in the "Product Placement" as well as the usual commercial breaks. Of coarse the network collects this. Im sure the brothers have a deal as smart as they are. Jeeze Snookie and her pals from Jersey Shore got $50k per episode apiece.. That detecting expert may own that 30 30 but probably was given it. When I worked in film in Orlando we were paid quite well for showing a pizza box sticking out of a garbage can showing the resturant chain name carefully placed by my buddy the "Art dog " while filming a B rated horror. I'm sure Minelab pulled they're check book out. Isn't that a "Garrett Carrot" Drayton is poking around the hole? Cha ching from Garrett as well. Its all fun stuff as well as business whether there's anything in that money pit or not.

The Canadian Archies tried to shut down the metal detecting. Even with all their documentation, they didn't like it, so they forced them to employ an archie to be with them for all the metal detecting. Herr Uber Detector found something in some rocks, and the archie immediately called a halt to the digging, stating that the rocks could be indicative of an old structure. So, I guess they will have to have that area dug by archies to find what is there. :roll:

I guess I need to go back to school and get my archie degree to be able to dig how and where I want. :foottap:

Crackerjack,are you dead serious about this ? I don't follow any of the oak island nonsense, so I wasn't aware of that item.

It is ssoo funny to read. And oh-so indicative of purist Archie nonsense. And is EXACTLY the reason that md'rs should stay as far away from Archie's say-so's whenever possible.

O:Dh heck why don't they just plant a few treasure chest's like they do on Youtube that should get more clicks and stretch it another season.

The Canadian Archies tried to shut down the metal detecting. Even with all their documentation, they didn't like it, so they forced them to employ an archie to be with them for all the metal detecting. Herr Uber Detector found something in some rocks, and the archie immediately called a halt to the digging, stating that the rocks could be indicative of an old structure. So, I guess they will have to have that area dug by archies to find what is there. :roll:

I guess I need to go back to school and get my archie degree to be able to dig how and where I want. :foottap:

The pace of the show started moving too fast, so one of the producers brought in the archeologist.

Attachments

• howard-morris-02.jpg
    howard-morris-02.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 260
The Oak island Treasure has been found !!!! It was in a storage locker on the "Storage Wars" show.:laughing:

You are probably right... all they find these days is rotten wood someone buried and the occasional planted artifact or coin... :roll:

I think they should stop searching up there and start searching Charles Island off of Milford CT. that is where the treasure really is... :yes:

I think they will find Big Foot on "Finding Big Foot" long before any treasure is found on Joke Island.

that"s the truth

The guy with the metal detector has discovered more than the whole operation.

The sad thing there is not much to watch,
At least somebody on that show is Detecting.
They should get 20 detectorist to cover the island to find the hot spot.
My opinion

You know the metal detectorist from the show is on this site. Look him up. I remember seeing the post where he was talking about finding the Spanish coin.

Perhaps. But that's just a sidetrack from the main theme and intent of the show.

The detectorist swinging around Oak Island for the "Brothers" ,Gary Drayton, was on a episode of "Expedition Unknown" with Josh Gates. Before showing some of his detecting techniqes, Drayton showed Gates a gold ring with emeralds from , I think he said "Spanish treasure" made from Aztec or Inca gold. Drayton says its value was over 500.000! My memory stinks, may have been 7 or 8 hundred K and one of his many finds. He then takes Gates on an airboat ride in the mangrove swamp in Fl. and they jump out of the boat into the mucky tidal water. Close into the mangroves he's tossing around a big magnet on a rope looking for old iron. Says the iron is or can be an indication of treasure being near. This guy hunts hard. Way more than I'm willing to. What kills me is I've fished right around there on the east coast of Fl. Dang it......I should have brought a magnet,,,, The guy seems to be real but I was really sceptical ((jealous)) when he found those coins on Oak island the Ball property relitively fast. I mean he seems to find extremely great finds. I'm aware of editing video but still?? He walks straight into good finds.I haven't been able to get that Aztec gold ring Drayton showed on "Expedition Unknown" out of my head...

I just googled Gary Drayton. He has a website with about a dozen books for sale. CTX 30 30 users may wish to check it out as he has tips on hunting with it. Maybe you'll find Aztec gold!,,, I have to go. I got a magnet caught up in my neighbor's rose bush!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom