• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Is the BLUE a hack.

For some reason when I come to this site I always get a pharmaceutical pop-up ad that keeps reappearing throughout my visit?

For some reason when I come to this site I always get a pharmaceutical pop-up ad that keeps reappearing throughout my visit?

Nothing we are doing at our end. Are you using a public WiFi hotspot or your own internet connection at home? If your own, check your computer for adware.

Thanks Rudy for the feedback! To answer your question...I never use Wi-Fi and currently I'm using typical home cable internet connection. Looks like for some reason my Webroot did not catch an ad-ware. When I do a Webroot check-scan the report comes up clean. Another problem is that I'm pretty darn computer illiterate :?: Ha!

I am using a WiFi. That is all I have.
Sometimes There will be a pop up advertisment.
When I read a post, Some places there will be a word that is in BLUE color.
If I click on the Blue, Some kind of add. comes up. Maybe my lap top has a bad boy inside. KEN :D

Rudy,
It is in all post everyplace. Just one word through out the post will be blue color. May it is just in my lap top. And I do use WiFi. It is all I have..
KEN :D:D

I don't see what you are talking about. :?::?:

If you see it everywhere on this forum, I think your computer has been compromised with adware.

Hi guys,
Right now I am on my Ipad. I am not seeing any of them BLUE words.?
The problem must be on my lap top. My lap top is running very slow. I need someone to look at it for me. I do not, know anything about how to clean it up. I can only mess it up. Must be some of them nasty sites I get on sometimes. Shame on me... KEN

Hi guys,
Right now I am on my Ipad. I am not seeing any of them BLUE words.?
The problem must be on my lap top. My lap top is running very slow. I need someone to look at it for me. I do not, know anything about how to clean it up. I can only mess it up. Must be some of them nasty sites I get on sometimes. Shame on me... KEN

I'm on a Mac so I can't help you in regards to PC/Windows cleanup, but Craig (cfmct on this forum) can steer you to how to go about cleaning it up yourself. Send him a PM.

Hi RUDY,
THanks for the help.
CFMCT sent me a link to get help. I also have a nephew that is a tech. on computers. He told me he can help me.
This has been a pain in the butt.

Thanks everyone for the help.. KEN :D

Hi RUDY,
THanks for the help.
CFMCT sent me a link to get help. I also have a nephew that is a tech. on computers. He told me he can help me.
This has been a pain in the butt.

Thanks everyone for the help.. KEN :D

You are welcome Ken. Good luck with the cleanup and don't forget to practice safe browsing. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom