First Clad count of 2018 ($162.30 + pennies!)

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
for the first 6 weeks of 2018, I pulled $162.30, plus pennies (which I didn't bother to count or roll... I just gave them to my kid to put into the coinstar with his loot).

Below is a picture of what came out of the ground under my AT Pro... $110.25 in quarters, 17 dollar coins, and one half-dollar on the counter, plus the dimes and nickels still unstacked.

For this one, I rolled them all and took them into the bank, to help pay down the AT Max I just bought.

Not bad for what amounts to only 4 weeks of detecting (since I was in Israel 2 full weeks, there wasn't any clad from there!).

Looking forward to the rest of the year. Clad pays... for sure.

Cheers,

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_4539.jpg
    IMG_4539.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 259
How much to you average a day. Your clad numbers are crazy. I don’t find that in a year. Granted I hunt fields but you’re off the charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...does the bank accept the coins in that condition? I've recently been turned away with coins that looked better than that. Just curious how you turn them in, coin counter or rolls?

So...does the bank accept the coins in that condition? I've recently been turned away with coins that looked better than that. Just curious how you turn them in, coin counter or rolls?

Only one of them does. My credit union doesn't care. My other bank refuses them.

The credit union doesn't use cash from their drawers (they have this little special cash machine), so they always just turn in the rolls and actual change that comes in to Brinks. There's no worries at that location. Most places will look at them first, though.

Hello,
Nice clad count.
When you are targeting rings, where do you hunt, parks, beach, lakes? I love to find them but only four last year.
HH!

Thanks Skippy, The bank I use wants to check all the clad before it goes to the machine. So I end up giving away the Coinstar percentage to get folding cash. With $2500 found in the last three years it adds up. Thanks for the reply.
J

That's one heck of a great start Skippy! I only get Saturdays to hunt and the weather has been miserable every Saturday this year, except one. When it gets nice, I'm going to need to crank it up!

That's one heck of a great start Skippy! I only get Saturdays to hunt and the weather has been miserable every Saturday this year, except one. When it gets nice, I'm going to need to crank it up!

It was a good start. We hit a few "long distance" runs on weekends, where my son and I collectively pulled more than $50 each trip. It's a lot easier to get to $162 when you are making $27 a trip. LOL

Back
Top Bottom