Need date help on seated dime

Update

I finally got ahold of some silver testing solution and put a little on this dime. Here are the results. It brought out the detail more than I thought it would.
18?2 It was nicked right on the date:?:
2E88117C-015A-4324-8457-519F84BE056C.jpg

94C346EE-CBF0-415C-9782-A5B05E01C530.jpg

Great post there VOLKS !
Your first pictures of your coin, I could see it was a seated.
I gotta get me some of that Juice!
I have a few slicked out coins, that I think that would kill my curiosity
of "what are they?" (with dates & mint marks.)
The wreathes of barber dimes and seated dimes
are very similar to each other....

Great post there VOLKS !
Your first pictures of your coin, I could see it was a seated.
I gotta get me some of that Juice!
I have a few slicked out coins, that I think that would kill my curiosity
of "what are they?" (with dates & mint marks.)
The wreathes of barber dimes and seated dimes
are very similar to each other....

I have a Barber dime and a trime that it didn’t work as well on but I was happy with the seated dime. That’s the only one I have found and it looks horrible.

I’ve got a house in your town lined up to detect when the weather gets nice.

I finally got ahold of some silver testing solution and put a little on this dime. Here are the results. It brought out the detail more than I thought it would.
18?2 It was nicked right on the date:?:
View attachment 435706

View attachment 435707

Glad to see that method worked for you! I'm seeing 1872 now. Amazing how a little acid can make an almost unidentifiable coin, identifiable. Congrats again and thanks for the update, good luck in 2019!

I have a Barber dime and a trime that it didn’t work as well on but I was happy with the seated dime. That’s the only one I have found and it looks horrible.

OH more importantly.......WELCOME TO THE "SEATED CLUB"
PULL UP A CHAIR ! :D

Glad to see that method worked for you! I'm seeing 1872 now. Amazing how a little acid can make an almost unidentifiable coin, identifiable. Congrats again and thanks for the update, good luck in 2019!

Thanks!
1872! That’s what I was thinking. I can just barely make out the top left part of the 7.

Back
Top Bottom