How to turn any full size headphone into Apt-X Low Latency.

lookiethere

There is a large assortment of Apt-X Low Latency transmitters and receivers on Amazon for sale. Unfortunately when it comes to headphones which are true Apt-X Low Latency the choices are very limited. So make your own. I chose this receiver because it actually has volume control, which my AT Pro does not. The receiver is attactched to the ear cup with Velcro and weighs next to nothing.
IMG_20180415_095138360_LL.jpg
OK. Now for the fun and challenging part. This project WILL involve some soldering skills. In the pic. you can see that the cord has been removed from the headphones and has been replaced with a 3.5mm stereo female jack. I had to open the headphone cup, clip the tiny cord wires and solder little jumper wires to the female jack. I used this tutorial.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-mdr-v6-detachable-cable-mod.606937/
The nice part about this mod is that I can just take off the receiver whenever I want and still use a longer male to male cord of any type for music. The other half of this project is the Apt-X Low Latency transmitter which is Velcroed to the detector arm cuff. Good luck and HH!

Back
Top Bottom