SHOCKING Equinox issue

You’re late to the game, people have been talking about this for a while. There is a 3 or 4 page thread here dedicated to it.
I know..but this is newest video on it.

More worrying than ones he made and o made.

Me and him started the game on youtube...not late in game!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I know..but this is newest video on it.

More worrying than ones he made and o made.

Me and him started the game on youtube...not late in game!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Actually, SteveG started the game on YouTube. He was the first one posting about the issue over 3 months ago.

That was an impressive video! I've wondered about a sandwich of two half dollars but I have only personally tested single silver halves on edge.

That segment where the silver ring is added into the picture, REALLY disappoints me over this machine. It is one thing to see missing a big silver on edge, but TWO, with a large silver ring added? That is a biggie.

Thanks for the time and effort in making that video.

Yeah this is old news. I am not sure why Lewis made another video?? If it wont id one silver half on edge it definitely isnt going to id 2 silver halves sandwiched together. Minelab is working on a fix for this issue as we speak. Park 2 and field 2 hit single coins on edge just fine in the meantime. It is a bit of a bummer but not that big of a deal.

I am not too sure how many detectorists have ever found 2 silver halves on edge sandwiched together but I'm going to guess it's not a very common occurrence lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah this is old news. I am not sure why Lewis made another video?? If it wont id one silver half on edge it definitely isnt going to id 2 silver halves sandwiched together. Minelab is working on a fix for this issue as we speak. Park 2 and field 2 hit single coins on edge just fine in the meantime. It is a bit of a bummer but not that big of a deal.

I am not too sure how many detectorists have ever found 2 silver halves on edge sandwiched together but I'm going to guess it's not a very common occurrence lol.

Lewis is over a dozen videos now on the same issue I think, if not climbing towards two dozen, lol. I think that Matthew guy that keeps commenting is under his skin and he keeps making more videos to try and prove it to that one dude.

That was an impressive video! I've wondered about a sandwich of two half dollars but I have only personally tested single silver halves on edge.

That segment where the silver ring is added into the picture, REALLY disappoints me over this machine. It is one thing to see missing a big silver on edge, but TWO, with a large silver ring added? That is a biggie.

Thanks for the time and effort in making that video.

Yeah, because that situation occurs SOOOO often. :roll: How many times have you EVER dug up a target even close to that before the Equinox came out?

I hate to pile on, but it looks like this is a really big bug. I taped 10 fifty cent pieces together. They were 40% silver. It would only hit it on its side running parallel to the stack, so left to right. If I put them stacked flat, nothing. If I had them on their side and ran top to bottom, nothing. On the side and running left to right I got 20s to 30-31 range. I still love my Nox and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing many stacks of silver coins, BUT Minelab has a bug to fix.

BCD

The title reads like the National Enquirer, or an internet ad. Made to shock and perpetuate, more than inform. If you want to shock someone, go to the Supreme Leaders forum and post there. But chances are, you already did.
This is the Friendly Forum, dang it.

The title reads like the National Enquirer, or an internet ad. Made to shock and perpetuate, more than inform. If you want to shock someone, go to the Supreme Leaders forum and post there. But chances are, you already did.

Hahahaha, are you talking about the Guvner, his trusty sidekick Elton, and his band of weirdos including Vlad? That place is full of clowns.

Not real familiar with Nox posts, are ya? :laughing:

I’m glad to know about the issue but I’m not too concerned about it since I hunt in Park 2 most of the time and I’m sure Minelab is working on a fix.

detectorben said:
Not very common but it does happen! I’ve been lucky enough to do it a few times.

I’m glad to know about the issue but I’m not too concerned about it since I hunt in Park 2 most of the time and I’m sure Minelab is working on a fix.

Not very common but it does happen! I’ve been lucky enough to do it a few times.

Exactly I hunt mostly in park 2 as well.

That is pretty awesome footage there! Not only are the coins stacked side by side but they look to be like an inch below the surface![emoji44][emoji44] I could only dream of hunting a spot like that let alone a find like that! That is crazy!

Exactly I hunt mostly in park 2 as well.

That is pretty awesome footage there! Not only are the coins stacked side by side but they look to be like an inch below the surface![emoji44][emoji44] I could only dream of hunting a spot like that let alone a find like that! That is crazy!

I was lucky to find that place for sure. Morgan dollars and Barber halves were literally strewn all over the place! Good times!

Back on the Equinox thing, I also read somewhere that Minelab is aware of the issue and already working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky to find that place for sure. Morgan dollars and Barber halves were literally strewn all over the place! Good times!

Back on the Equinox thing, I also read somewhere that Minelab is aware of the issue and already working on a fix.

Do you recall where you read that? Only thing I saw was a copy and paste of an email Minelab sent someone in response to that Lewis guys videos, in which a rep stated they were working with Lewis to identify what was wrong. It was almost worded as if they were containing the issue to that one detector. Other than that I haven’t seen anything, and I lurk on all the forums.

Edit: Found the post I was talking about in the coin edge post. Not as bleak as I remembered it first reading. I still don't quite have a warm and fuzzy that we'll see an update, but I don't think it's too huge of an issue based on how many large silver's I've dug on edge the past decade. Cut and paste:

Just received the Equinox 800 and discovered that The same thing happens using the parameters shown on video. No stable or good IDs using multi! So being in denial ... I decided to sent a note and the Equinox Video link to The Equinox 800 Detect Modes to our ML Business Development Director here in North America to see if I would get any response. It is the same video link that you have posted here. Hope this may help?? The following is the reply I received!

"Thank you for your inquiry. As the gentleman states in the video, our Engineers are working directly with him to determine what is happening in these situations. Once they determine what the issue is and how it can be corrected, we will make a notice out to users. I personally have found that going in one direction, I get a solid hit, and then at 90 degrees, it still gets an ID, but jumps a bit."

Business Development Director – North America

Chris, that’s the one I read.

Sounds like they’re aware that it’s not an isolated issue with a single detector. Minelab’s track record of releasing updates isn’t confidence inspiring but we’ll see what they do.

Chris, that’s the one I read.

Sounds like they’re aware that it’s not an isolated issue with a single detector. Minelab’s track record of releasing updates isn’t confidence inspiring but we’ll see what they do.

Hahaha, I guess that's why I read that and my head instantly translated into an as bleak a statement as possible. Didn't the CTX 3030 get only one update, for that wonky beach mode it was pushed out with?

Back
Top Bottom