Another rare Mustang found

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06...ang-on-ebay-turns-out-to-be-rare-classic.html

One of the rarest Ford Mustangs in the world is for sale on Ebay right now for $3,000, and that's either way too much or not nearly enough for it.

It’s a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 428 Super Cobra Jet Drag Pack that’s a shell of its former self. Literally.

It still has its VIN and buck tags, however, and Mustang historian Kevin Marti used them to check his extensive archives for Fox News. There, he found that it is one of just 23 cars like it that were built in 1970 without the Ram-Air option, and is the only one of them that was originally painted Lime Green. In other words: It’s a one-of-one car.

(More at link)

1528310201014.jpg

Beautiful to be!
Mine was originally Lime gold too:D

Attachments

• mustang 11-09-09 2.jpg
    mustang 11-09-09 2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 251
  • mustang 11-09-09 5.jpg
    mustang 11-09-09 5.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 233
I have seen a few of these over the years and wonder, at what point is it no longer considered that car. I mean at least 75-80% of the thing is gone. Still a very cool find.

BCD

I am not sure what % new parts are allowed and you can still call a car "original", i guess if it has the original block and chassis with matching numbers you are good to go?

Back in '87 or so, I drove past a car dealership up by Lake Winnipesaukee, and they had in the window of the showroom floor a nice, shiny, 1969 GT500 SCJ convertible. One of only 14 made. I really wanted to be alone after seeing it.... Back in '87, it was selling for ~120k.

Back in '87 or so, I drove past a car dealership up by Lake Winnipesaukee, and they had in the window of the showroom floor a nice, shiny, 1969 GT500 SCJ convertible. One of only 14 made. I really wanted to be alone after seeing it.... Back in '87, it was selling for ~120k.

There were actually 22 (21-V code, and 1-W code) . Another interesting fact it that some of the 70's were actually unsold 1969 models that were re-numbered and modified for sale in the 1970.

$

Old Fords never die...they just smell that way.

:laughing:

I always appreciated many of them back in the day, but not enough to own many.

Had:
64 Falcon Futura 260 V-8 factory 4-speed
65 Galaxy, wanting to say it was a 6 cyl auto?
Had a 69 or 70 Cougar (Merc, close enough), don't recall much about it

Was about all I can remember.

Never owned a ‘stang, although not to say I never will.

In the past: 1986 T bird
1998 F150 extended cab

Currently: 2013 Fusion, 22k miles

I want to say that American Motors copied the front clip of the ‘69 GT500 for their later 71-74 Javelin ‘humpster’.

My dad bought a 1964.5 brand new in 64. 289; 4 speed, white with wire wheels and red interior. I really wish he had kept that one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man I'd come out of classic restoring retirement for that one.

My first car was given to me on my 16th birthday by my stepdad. He was a police officer and back then they used their personal vehicles often. So he ordered a 1964.5 Mustang K code 4 speed convertible. Wish I still had it.

I used to restore old classics as a hobby for some 15 years. Most were Mustangs. Got too old to be crawling underneath working on them so bought me a Shelby and called it good.

Some of my projects.

Someofmyponies.jpg

I have ownes two Mustangs. A new '67 that I ebded up selling because i got married and living in Colorado whille in the Army my wife couldn't drive a srick shift. My second after my divorce was a 1970 Mach I with a 351 Cleveland. I had to reach some of the spark plugs from underneath because the engine took up so much room.

Back
Top Bottom