Equinox question

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
In the Equinox manual they talk about coke in England as being something like buried old charcoal or old fire pits.

Well does that apply to us in the US? Is it something I should learn about and be concerned?

thanks

Coke is here in Wales..whoch borders England as does Scotland...baaically coke is all over the UK...not just England.

It comes in at a VDI on the Equinox and funnily enough i came across my first bit of coke yesterday with the Equinoxand fetched it home.

I will post a pic now and do a quick vid of how it reads and sounds on my Equonox 800.

But outside of UK...not sure if it's a problem.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Coke is the residue of coal which was used in old steam farming machinery in times gone by.

At the end of the working day the contents of the fire would be shovelled out into the field, absolutely a nightmare is coke using my Deus in 18kHz's with false signals.

Lowering the kHz's helps, multi frequency tends to ignore coke altogether.

Coke is here in Wales..whoch borders England as does Scotland...baaically coke is all over the UK...not just England.

It comes in at a VDI on the Equinox and funnily enough i came across my first bit of coke yesterday with the Equinoxand fetched it home.

I will post a pic now and do a quick vid of how it reads and sounds on my Equonox 800.

But outside of UK...not sure if it's a problem.

Matt.

Forgot to say comes in at VDI of 1.

Matt.

It was widely used in farming to power the steam traction engines, you might come across it on old farm ground in the US.
The Equinox reads it as ID1-2, and it's disc out in some programs.
In field 1 it pretty much ignores it, even with ID 1-2 not disc out, and there's no issue.
But in field 2, it can mask good mid conductor targets that are an inch or more below it.

thanks for the info

I don't think it is a problem in GA. The south missed out on that part of the farm industrial revolution. Our southern farmers during that time period were still using mules and horses and the only by product was their droppings that are long gone.

thanks for the info. But we do find a lot of old Coke bottles being the home of Coca Cola. Hah! I probably find 2-3 per month. not with the metal detector but at old home sites trash pits.

Back
Top Bottom