SHOCKING Equinox issue

Even if the equinox doesn't pick up those coins on edge in a couple of modes, it still doesn't miss as much as some other detectors I have used, especially in trashy areas. Hopefully minelab will address it but even if they don't, it is still a pretty good detector.

Lewis is over a dozen videos now on the same issue I think, if not climbing towards two dozen, lol. I think that Matthew guy that keeps commenting is under his skin and he keeps making more videos to try and prove it to that one dude.
I am that matthew guy.

Yup....i think i am bugging him...especially calling him Mr Special..lol.

Got another video test suggestion i can make to debunk hos equinox silver on side theory?

Cheers
Matt

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This isn't just a nox issue and is far from a new issue - its been happening since detectors were first invented. I've experienced something similar with all of my detectors. CTX, Excal, CZ21, and Whites DF. I can get objects in certain positions, like on the side/edge and they won't read or depth will be severely diminished. I can't tell you how many times I have digging with all of these machines and all of a sudden can no longer pick up a signal until I sweep the sand around to get it again.

I was able to hit a small women's gold wedding band at 8 inches from the side in an air test with iron bias on 0 but as soon as I moved up the iron bias that depth was gone and on the highest setting couldn't even detect it. These results changed too based on my emf, iron with object, and recovery speed.

Tried this today and in all of the 1 modes I get almost nothing. In all of the 2 modes good signals. My Deus nails it hard with all good numbers in all modes and frequencies

I was lucky to find that place for sure. Morgan dollars and Barber halves were literally strewn all over the place! Good times!

Back on the Equinox thing, I also read somewhere that Minelab is aware of the issue and already working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When they find the fix, how does it get in my machine?
That is, I assume this is a program/software issue. How will you get the new program into the machine?
Thanks

That is, I assume this is a program/software issue. How will you get the new program into the machine?
Thanks

Probably from the charging cord plugged into your laptop. Just a guess. Otherwise maybe over Bluetooth.

BCD

Thanks
With a firmware update. You'd connect your detector to your computer via USB and download it. The charge cable is dual purpose (power & USB).

Hahahaha, are you talking about the Guvner, his trusty sidekick Elton, and his band of weirdos including Vlad? That place is full of clowns.

Heh, yes, that's the one. I can't take credit for the "Supreme Leader" name, though. It was just expressed to me by someone else here that way, so I thought I'd use it. Funny Stuff indeed. I'll have to go back and find it, to give the original poster the credit.
I think it's what now I will forever call it.

Your first reply in this post was spot-on, I wasn't going to post, but I did. Then uninformed Gauntlet came into this post, (who for all I know doesn't even own or use this detector), and there you have it.
No worries here ..

Your first reply in this post was spot-on, I wasn't going to post, but I did. Then uninformed Gauntlet came into this post, (who for all I know doesn't even own or use this detector), and there you have it.
No worries here ..

I can PROMISE you this......

I have gotten more entertainment and pleasure from the Equinox than ANYONE, and I don't care how many they own :laughing:

This isn't just a nox issue and is far from a new issue - its been happening since detectors were first invented. I've experienced something similar with all of my detectors. CTX, Excal, CZ21, and Whites DF. I can get objects in certain positions, like on the side/edge and they won't read or depth will be severely diminished. I can't tell you how many times I have digging with all of these machines and all of a sudden can no longer pick up a signal until I sweep the sand around to get it again.

I was able to hit a small women's gold wedding band at 8 inches from the side in an air test with iron bias on 0 but as soon as I moved up the iron bias that depth was gone and on the highest setting couldn't even detect it. These results changed too based on my emf, iron with object, and recovery speed.

Exactly, nothing new. Funky positions mean funky( or NO) reading.

Lewis is over a dozen videos now on the same issue I think, if not climbing towards two dozen, lol. I think that Matthew guy that keeps commenting is under his skin and he keeps making more videos to try and prove it to that one dude.

It is because Minelab had him doing tests. That and the Russian man who drank too much Vodka named Such Much at the Aka forum had Lewis doing all sorts of tests against the equinox since he owns 13 different machines. Matthew is Staffy dog here that started this thread. The people who complain about his videos will be one the first to get a software update because of his videos !

https://youtu.be/k69p0bYPvlY

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That video doesn’t help further the discussion at all, that guy is running in Beach Mode. If he had been paying attention at any point in any of the videos he would have picked up that Park 1 and Field 1 were the issue.

What’s funnier is all the Equinox fanboys replying to that video, like their first born had been insulted because it can’t pick up large silver in certain modes. I swing one, but it sure isn’t perfect like everyone would have you believe.

That video doesn’t help further the discussion at all, that guy is running in Beach Mode. If he had been paying attention at any point in any of the videos he would have picked up that Park 1 and Field 1 were the issue.

What’s funnier is all the Equinox fanboys replying to that video, like their first born had been insulted because it can’t pick up large silver in certain modes. I swing one, but it sure isn’t perfect like everyone would have you believe.
Exactly. I am not sure why a few people refuse to admit this issue. So many equinox owners have confirmed the issue including myself. It is not the end of the world but it is an issue that needs to be addressed. I love my equinox and this is not going to keep me from using it but I have contacted minelab as well and I am anxiously awaiting a software update that may fix this and other minor glitches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's just a matter of different targets creating different eddy currents. Certain combinations of high conductors can read anywhere from iron to mid conductor if you put enough together.

Try this with all the machines you own, take a roll of clad coins and pass them over your coil in different orientations. The results may surprise you. Certain positions even confuse some analog machines.

Back
Top Bottom