• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My Finds to Date!

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
So far Ive been to Carson beach and the adjacent park as well as several other parks in boston. Ive yet to find any priceless coins but I have almost made back the price of the two 9-volt batteries my detector uses! I also found an old looking lighter and a button (at least I think its a button) which both seem extremely corroded. Anyone know anywhere else around the boston area worth hunting? Also, does anyone know how old this lighter is, it says "Continental Thinlite" at the base?

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
try google maps. and boston has 100s of parks/Schools.
the surrounding towns also have 100s of parks and schools.

The beaches along the east coast.

Private Property: ask your closest friends, your family members, people you work with, neighbors, people from church, your butcher, anyone, everyone..

it takes 100s of hours of hunting to totally learn your machine.

finding valuable objects comes after enjoying the hobby and the excitement of the hunt. the exercise, and getting outside are much more valuable then finding some rare items.

I have found 70-100 $ in clad since I started detecting last 7/29 last year. I hunted every day at lunch for an hour, then after work for 1-2 hours. a few hours a day on the weekend. schools and parks have given me most of my silver/gold finds..

my 1731 British half penny was found at a park in Lowell. Its super old and cool, but its only worth a few bucks at the most.
I found a pocket knife at a school in my town, I probably could sell it for a higher monetary value then the British half penny.

get the GOOGLE MAPS out. Research is 25-50 % of the hobby...

I prefer bingmaps over google..you get a 360 degree look, sometimes you can even get a view without trees that reveals even more of the area. Google is cool, but bingmaps is better imho! :)

Anyway as stated, research is key to success!

Back
Top Bottom