Checking faucets..

sllingshot47

Elite Member
So I get up every 3 hours for ol' timer reasons:roll: and to check faucets- 13° here. As I turn on sink faucet I hear a spewing sound. Turn it off- stand real still listening- nothing. Flip on flashlight to check-all OK. As I walk to bathtub- spewing sound. Stop-flip on flashlight- nothing!:?: As I walk to commode-spewing sound! This time I flip on flashlight and scan all fixtures- nothing!:shock: As I walk back to sink-spewing and with flashlight still on I FINALLY see the thin plastic bag caught on my sock!:laughing:

So I get up every 3 hours for ol' timer reasons:roll: and to check faucets- 13° here. As I turn on sink faucet I hear a spewing sound. Turn it off- stand real still listening- nothing. Flip on flashlight to check-all OK. As I walk to bathtub- spewing sound. Stop-flip on flashlight- nothing!:?: As I walk to commode-spewing sound! This time I flip on flashlight and scan all fixtures- nothing!:shock: As I walk back to sink-spewing and with flashlight still on I FINALLY see the thin plastic bag caught on my sock!:laughing:

Lived in Florida all my life. Sister moved to Texas years ago and kept telling me Texas and Florida has the same heat/cold. Told her she forgot a lot. Its definitely hotter in Florida with our humidity and colder in Texas. So she text me the other day and said its snowing again. I sez "Just remember it hasn't snowed where I live since once in my life in 1989":laughing:

Reminds me of the time I tried detecting in steeltoed boots. :laughing:

That was great Slingy! :laughing::laughing: You must be really old! Up wandering around the house at night with a flashlight checking for water leaks and frozen faucets?! What? You ran out of whale oil for your lantern? Couldnt find your carbide Coal Miners hat? All out of beeswax candles or matches?

Most of us Youngsters use cellphones for flashlights now a days! Or, as in my case, since I'm super rich, I have whats called "IO lighting" installed in my house... "IO" stands for "Instant On"....you just flip a switch see, and like magic, Zing! Instant On lighting! ..Plus, we even have an indoor outhouse if you can believe that!!

Not that I use it much, since I got the back yard, its there mainly for resale purposes or showing off I suppose, that an the IO lighting, Yeah...should be able to offload this place in a hurry! Selling features! ......:laughing: Anyway, got a giggle out of your plumbing exploits! You were the first one to make me 'LOL' this am! Thanks!

ps: I also sleep with my socks on...nothing else though, just the socks, I figure its a helluva time saver, makes it faster and easier to put on my pants in an emergency if I need to......Right?

That was great Slingy! :laughing::laughing: You must be really old! Up wandering around the house at night with a flashlight checking for water leaks and frozen faucets?! What? You ran out of whale oil for your lantern? Couldnt find your carbide Coal Miners hat? All out of beeswax candles or matches?

Most of us Youngsters use cellphones for flashlights now a days! Or, as in my case, since I'm super rich, I have whats called "IO lighting" installed in my house... "IO" stands for "Instant On"....you just flip a switch see, and like magic, Zing! Instant On lighting! ..Plus, we even have an indoor outhouse if you can believe that!!

Not that I use it much, since I got the back yard, its there mainly for resale purposes or showing off I suppose, that an the IO lighting, Yeah...should be able to offload this place in a hurry! Selling features! ......:laughing: Anyway, got a giggle out of your plumbing exploits! You were the first one to make me 'LOL' this am! Thanks!

ps: I also sleep with my socks on...nothing else though, just the socks, I figure its a helluva time saver, makes it faster and easier to put on my pants in an emergency if I need to......Right?

Lol
7 degrees here, inside outhouse (jumping for joy) or should I say sitting for joy...

It's 13° here and I use the 2-3 nitely trips to pee as an excuse to check faucets- coldest it's been in 22 years! Nice to know the house is insulated enough and this is the time to check! I don't use the IO lighting as the missus thinks something's wrong with me if I do- it awakens her!:lol: We have about 40 candles around the house-gifts that have sat there about 30 years. Whale oil? Well, nobody believes the story about the bass I caught......

Just wait, your turn will come, and you can keep laughing. The way to deal with old age is to keep laughing at life !!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It's 13° here and I use the 2-3 nitely trips to pee as an excuse to check faucets- coldest it's been in 22 years! Nice to know the house is insulated enough and this is the time to check! I don't use the IO lighting as the missus thinks something's wrong with me if I do- it awakens her!:lol: We have about 40 candles around the house-gifts that have sat there about 30 years. Whale oil? Well, nobody believes the story about the bass I caught......

13 degrees in Texas, it's 32 in Jersey and the TV says you got more snow than here.

If your worried about them freezing just leave them on just barely a trickle all night and the lines won’t freeze do to the water movement and it keeps the temp up. Funny story though!!:lol:

ps: I also sleep with my socks on...nothing else though, just the socks, I figure its a helluva time saver, makes it faster and easier to put on my pants in an emergency if I need to......Right?[/QUOTE]

I was camping last summer and it was hot and humid, even took off my socks to sleep, had an urgent need to hit the Port-O- Potty around 6 AM. I put on my shoes and ran the 100 yards, when I went to drop my pants I realized I couldn't they were back in my camper. :laughing: Oops. Now when I camp I wear boxers to bed.

If your worried about them freezing just leave them on just barely a trickle all night and the lines won’t freeze do to the water movement and it keeps the temp up. Funny story though!!:lol:

I just had to know- my wife's parents left us the home 4 years ago and he was great about quality and doing the right thing- and it's 50+ years old. Since this was the coldest in 22 years, I was willing to cautiously test for confidence reasons. Did find out, though, the fireplace needs a chimneysweep!:yes:

IO lights ,,,,I got them , but they are motion detecting,,,they pop on just enough light to see where I'm going,,,great invention,,,,and the best part is they remind you when to replace the batteries,,,,,,but the bad part is , it's the split second after you kick the bedpost because it didn't come on. :lol:

Read a few times but not sure of the catch line really:lol: I will keep reading.

I just leave the cold tap slightly leaking in severe cold to prevent freeze up...not fun when lines freeze.

Read a few times but not sure of the catch line really:lol: I will keep reading.

I just leave the cold tap slightly leaking in severe cold to prevent freeze up...not fun when lines freeze.

Sorry. I was dragging the thin plastic bag- couldn't feel it with socks on. The sound it made while dragging in dark sounded exactly like spewing water- especially if that's on your mind.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom