191? D Merc! Please help Coin Experts!

firewxman

Forum Supporter
Hey all...thought I found a 1916 D Merc today...but not sure, think its a 1918 D. Here is a photo zoomed in...tell me what you think!

img0251za.jpg

1918 or 1919. The top of the 6 would cut across at about a 45 degree angle. Just my opinion though.

I kinda think it looks like an '18 as well buddy! I wish it were a '16 though....maybe she's still out there at that spot.

NebTrac

It seems like a 1918 because if you look at the other 9 it looks different than the 8 or 9 so it seems like you have a 1918-D. To bad not 1916.

Silver #11

Hey thanks everyone...my the naked eye, I thought for sure it was the 1916...but when zooming in with the camera...and also using my loop, It's pretty clear it's not! Oh well...silver #11!

Hey thanks everyone...my the naked eye, I thought for sure it was the 1916...but when zooming in with the camera...and also using my loop, It's pretty clear it's not! Oh well...silver #11!

I know what your saying. When I first started with the E-Trac I pulled out a '16 with a 'S' mint mark. There were times I could convince my self it was a 'D', but then it always turned back into an 'S'.

NebTrac

What everyone else said, clearly not a 16. I'd love to find a first year merc though. My oldest merc is a 1918-S. Keep it up - it's still silver.

Back
Top Bottom