Greetings my ole friends. Need advice on getting back into the hobby!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Well, I believe my last post/thread is from around 3 years ago. That said, I have come full circle once again, to get back into one of my favorite hobbies. I basically stopped due to health problems and feel well enough now to get back at it. My question is, what is the best bang for the buck, at around $700(+-)? I live in the foothills of the Ozarks and nowhere near saltwater, I don't hunt underwater, nor in the rain (maybe misty). I am kind of zeroing in on a NOX 600 or 800. Should I be considering something else. I would like some good, solid advice from my ole friends whom have owned the latest and greatest. I am very skilled at detector use, and technical stuff doesn't bother me. I still have my old Tek Delta, but sold my AT Pro and Tek Omega. I'm ready to go, so let me have some good advice! Thanks and it's good to be back!

Get the Equinox, it unmasks in rusty bolts,nails etc. Its deeper than my At pro too. Also its lightweight and balanced better than the At pro. Try it you might like it!

Get the Equinox, it unmasks in rusty bolts,nails etc. Its deeper than my At pro too. Also its lightweight and balanced better than the At pro. Try it you might like it!

Thanks metaladdict, I had a lot of good digs with my old AT Pro, but as you said, it was coil heavy/unbalanced. That's why I picked up the Tek Omega, due to it's light weight and balance. But it wasn't the machine the AT Pro was.

I've got a nice 2008 Fender American Standard Strat and Fender Tube amp that I'm going to part with, in order to finance the purchase. Both should net me around $1,400, but I'm not going to blow it all on a detector...

Hopefully I can get some more input here, thanks again!

My input is to keep the Strat and Amp and PayPal the Nox 800. Lol!
Good decision on the 800 by the way.

The older I get, the heavier my Strat and Fender tube Amp get..until I pick up the Les Paul!
That’s why I swing the 800 and a Deus. Super lightweight!

Consider this....As of this moment, the NOX has a decent resale value, along with a huge industry buzz!..so that just something to think about when considering a rig to get into...

..Just try selling a used Whites/Fisher/Tesoro similar rig?..What the hells the name of it? Oh yeah!...I dont remember!..:laughing:

My input is to keep the Strat and Amp and PayPal the Nox 800. Lol!
Good decision on the 800 by the way.

The older I get, the heavier my Strat and Fender tube Amp get..until I pick up the Les Paul!
That’s why I swing the 800 and a Deus. Super lightweight!

Lol, the Strat (last of 5) and amp are gone (see pic).....still have my acoustic/electric and a little amp. PayPal was a thought, but I banned my wife from it, so that option was gone...lol! It's all good though, it was my 3rd and final obsession with guitars. I'm enjoying the Nox and put $600 in the bank (plus my others funded a few Glocks and another AR). I wish I'd kept my old AT Pro as a backup or guest detector, but that's life. That said, the Tek Delta is a good machine and easy for beginners (my first detector). It seems my hobbies run in circles; motorcycles, guns and guitars...etc. I bet a few of y'all can identify with that, lol!

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Now that’s a drool-worthy collection. Been there done that and I’m still doing the gas on electric guitars, amps and effects. Just when I thought I was over it lol!
Best of luck with the new Equinox!

Back
Top Bottom