Newbie looking for Advice!

Nekorashii

Hello, let me introduce myself!

My name ist Max, iam 18 years old and living in germany. I have been intrested in history for a long period of time now, with a focus on WW2. Just the thought of the time back then intrigues me. Ive been especially intrested in the military stuff and so on. Here in germany, the WW2 Era is a topic not many people talk about, one more reason i started to feel so intrigued by this period. I never actually told anyone about my interests, but now that im 18 i feel like i am able to start doing what iam enjoying!

So now, i have some money saved up and i finally feel ready to actually pick up the hobby ive been intrested in for so long and uncover history! I decided to start Metal Detecting at some point last year. I read a ton of articles about Metal Detecting, the law, finds, techniques, everything regarding Metal Detecting.
What i enjoyed doing even more, was looking at old maps from the war and learning a lot about the military and where certain battlefields are located. I looked them up on several platforms, marked them, looked at old photographies etc. I was, and still am, hooked. This feeling of learning about the past and the culture back in the day, i just loved it.
In addition to this interest in history, i love being outside in the nature, alone or with my family. Its just so peaceful and can sometimes feal like an adventure - all these things combined made me really want to make this wish come true.

Right now, all i am looking for is some advice on metal detectors in general. I have already talked to my dad and he thinks i should go for it and he would like to come with me which would make these little adventures fantastic!

So i read a lot of articles on certain detectors, watched some Videos on youtube and compared some. Being a beginner, no matter how much research i do, i still cant say for sure which product is fitting for me since i dont have any experience.
A Detector a friend of mine recommended is called "Makro Multi-Kruzer". Its 750€ and comes with a Nokta Pin Pointer, a spade, headphones etc. The Detector itself is a higher priceclass-model, but money wouldnt be a problem for me.
However, somebody ive been talking to on a diffirent forum told me i should get something like the Garette Ace 250 for like 190€ since its good for beginners. Now, i would still have to buy a good pin pointer and accessoires like headphones etc. and in total the price would probably at around 400€.

Being a Newbie in the scene, i still dont know a lot about fitting Detectors for Beginners and that stuff. So what i want to know is if i should aim for a lower priced Detector to start off with, or should i go with something like the Makro Kruzer Multi for a little bit more money but better quality overall?

I REALLY want to get in this hobby, and looking for any kind of advice i can get! Thank you for reading up to here and sorry for my bad grammar ^^
I felt like writing a lot so sorry if that was bit too long lol

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum from southeast Missouri. I would suggest you get a mid priced detector to start you off. I think you may outgrow a lower priced machine quickly and will want to upgrade. Look at the Garrett ATPro and ATMax. Good luck and we look forward to your posts.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction...I mean hobby....

I'd suggest the AT Pro as well...it's a great upper mid range machine....although I'd also caution you to research the laws in Germany....Europe tends to be snotty about detecting

Have you made a decision? You can't go wrong with an AT Pro. I had one before I took a break from detecting (health reasons). I started with a Teknetics Delta and still have it as a backup/guest detector. I just recently purchased a ML Nox 800. It's getting it's initial charge right now and I'm itching to swing it!

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!
The only real benefit of starting with an inexpensive machine is if you find you don't like the hobby, then you don't have a lot of money invested. It sounds to me like that won't be the case, with that much interest in history and the incredible hunting grounds you have in Germany you'll be hooked. I would start with a better machine, with the Ace 250 you will quickly feel like you need to upgrade and in the long run will cost you more money. Best of luck on your adventure! I am also one who is fascinated with the war generation and I envy the history you have there to dig. Traveling to Germany has been a dream of mine for a long time, I hope I get there before I'm too old to enjoy it. Look forward to seeing your finds!

Back
Top Bottom