Has anyone read this?

Yeah.... can't disturb all that historic sand. You know, the sand that apparently hasn't been disturbed by the pounding waves, or people's footsteps. I bet all the pulltabs are at least 140 years old.

treasure

THE ARTICLE AT THE END SAYS IF YOU'RE CAUGHT DIGGING HERE YOU'LL BE TOLD TO STOP. PRETTY STIFF PENALTY PROBALLY WON'T BE ANYONE DIGGING HERE SINCE THIS ARTICLE CAME OUT!!! TONY AZ:cool:

Well now that they have broadcast that info to everyone, MDers and non-MDers...what you want to bet that some non-MDers show up and dig up then entire place ...at 2 am in the morning while the park folks are snoozin.....

I agree with you Going to be a free-for-all now and the guy that put in the effort to "find" goes about the HONEST approach is screwed.

The city official that came up with that order probably ran down and bought his own detector and was there at the beach on official business. I've seen kids dig deeper holes than that in the sand. I would never have said anything in the first place in an area like that unless detecting was prohibited.

I'm sure that if he had been allowed to dig, that somebody from the county and state would have been there to watch. Then if he found what he said is there, they would have said that it belongs to us and thanks for finding it for us.

The city official that came up with that order probably ran down and bought his own detector and was there at the beach on official business. I've seen kids dig deeper holes than that in the sand. I would never have said anything in the first place in an area like that unless detecting was prohibited.
Exactly! Not that any officials would ever do something so dishonest, probably at night too. If it was a place where detecting was allowed I would have dug it since I would not have been violating any law.
I'm sure that if he had been allowed to dig, that somebody from the county and state would have been there to watch. Then if he found what he said is there, they would have said that it belongs to us and thanks for finding it for us.
Yep it then falls under the states add ons to ARPA. If it was junk then they would have told him to take it or get a fine for littering. You cant win in some situations.

Here is my take.

If I have some guy asking me that he wants to dig in the park to find a "chest of buried riches" I immediately think he is a nut job. Who the heck uses the that term? I could see him standing there fidgeting, sweating, scratching his skin condition all the while drooling talking about "RICHES" like freaking Rainman.

Hate to say it but sometimes when dealing with politicians and local govt it just doesn't always pay to do the right thing and ask permission. I'd be out there diggin at 3am until a cop told me to get out of the hole.

Hopefully he at least gets a finders fee if it's really valuable. It never would have been discovered if it wasn't for him.

If this guy didn't say anything he probably could have dug his target discreetly, and no one would have been the wiser.

Loose lips not only sink ships, they prevent you from collecting treasure from sunken ones too.

Back
Top Bottom