strong magnet
flashlight
sand scoop
sieve
cell phone
pepper spray
pocket knife
first aid kit (yes I've used mine)

A bare minimum to keep my interest going would be a good pinpointer, a treasure/trash bag and a good digger/shovel. I've said it before..."Had I never gotten the Propointer soon after starting in Texas summer heat, I'd never kept in the hobby."

add ons for water:

scoop
water proof pin pointer
water friendly shoes
water friendly gloves

more than knee high water will prob add some stuff:

water proof headphones
water friendly finds/trash pouch
floating sifter
snorkel
maybe a hooka set up

you may want to tether things to you as they are easy to loose in the water/current.

Extra batteries! LOL. I agree with a good digger and a pinpointer. I like to have a few stiff brushes in my bag also. And depending where I'm at a 38.

Woman repellant! I can only speak for myself but when I strap on my finds pouch, head phones and start swinging my detector the women flock to me. I've broken 2 Predator Piranha digging tools because of this....That was sarcasm at its highest level.

My wife hunts with me but giggles every time she sees me "suit up" to dig.

my advice is a machine a digger a pin pionter ,and a pouch but most of all a open mind and patience.

I wear cut-resistant gloves, especially when hunting parks. Been many times that along with the coin, there has also been broken glass in the hole or plug. Don't know how all of you feel about tetanus shots, I don't enjoy them:lol:

I wear cut-resistant gloves, especially when hunting parks. Been many times that along with the coin, there has also been broken glass in the hole or plug. Don't know how all of you feel about tetanus shots, I don't enjoy them:lol:

Very good point. I always wear gloves.......now. When I first started MDing, I dug a hole and slid my bare hand into it to rake out some loose soil. Unknown to me there was a broken shard of glass sticking out from the side. Opened up one of my fingers almost to the bone and I have very tuff hands (mechanic). Always wear gloves. :yes:

Pinpointer (I won't hunt without one)
Gloves
Kneepads
Digger (best is The Mini Shovel at Harbor Freight. Great digger $8)
Pouch
Bug spray
Sun lotion
BIG bottle of Ben-Gay
BIGGER bottle of Aleeve

Back
Top Bottom