Coiltek 12X8

daddyflea

Against advice to the contrary I bought a Coiltek 12X8 Coil. I was told by multiple people not to buy this Coil. I previously bought a Coiltek 10X5 and I was over joyed with it. I have been off on Vacation planning to spend the next week fishing and it not only rained hard, the Wind was at 40+. So I came home to find my 12X8 had arrived. The weather was not bad so I hooked it up and went off to try it. I dug a bunch of clad and found this coil hits hard on Zinc Pennies. My Stock coil does not. Now most of you would say who cares, but this always bothered me. I dug so much clad my Knees were sore but none of it was deep. Below is the interesting finds. One place I hunted was a new place and one place I have pounded. Not sure where the 44 Wheat Penny came from but the small silver ring was about 6" down and hit hard enough to stop me while walking to my Mule headed home. The other thing is a Whatisit and I believe this is a Woodsman Cuff Link. It is not gold but this is what you get digging those Zinc Signals. The other object is a Hockey Token from 1978 Kenny Cooper Goalkeeper. Around here I have never even heard of someone watching a Hockey Game so this was an Unusual find. It rang in at 01-48. I am really happy with this Coil. I have never liked a Round Non concentric coil. I always lean toward an Elipticle DD and I think this one will be as deep as the stock. No idea why some people do not like these Coils. To me they ID better and deeper than the Stock Coil. The price is higher but why pay less for something that is just not up to par with your Detector.

1zfu51f.jpg

I have a Detech Ultimate 13" coil that came with my used E-Trac. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to run it much. Soon as the weather changes it looks like I'll have to get it out and see what it can find.

Back
Top Bottom