I Struck Small Gold Today

Onaug

Elite Member
Went to the beach today to kill time while I waited for the time to go to my daughters band tryout. I had allot of fun. Tide was extremely low and I was able to swing in previously unreached areas. I picked up 1.40 in clad, 2 watches, a few curious items, and a very small gold chain. One of the watches was a kids watch I recognize from the late 70s to early 80s, which made me laugh. The other watch I am cleaning up and I am hoping may be more silver. Its an older style ladies formal watch without the strap. I am cleaning it up now and hope to have pictures later to post if it has a valueable metal.

The chain cleaned up real nicely with a little tarnx just by swishing it for a few seconds. The clasp with the K is missing so I am assuming 10k. With point 8 grams at todays spot price its worth about 17.32 I figure.

So for a grand total of around 18.72 for some fun in the sporadic sun, I believe today was a success. :cool:

Now this is the real cool part. The ATPro hit this tiny gold with a solid accurate reading in the nickle range at 3-4 inches in the wet sand. :shock: This chain is tiny and there was no charm found. Can we say woot ATPro?

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 211
Went to the beach today to kill time while I waited for the time to go to my daughters band tryout. I had allot of fun. Tide was extremely low and I was able to swing in previously unreached areas. I picked up 1.40 in clad, 2 watches, a few curious items, and a very small gold chain. One of the watches was a kids watch I recognize from the late 70s to early 80s, which made me laugh. The other watch I am cleaning up and I am hoping may be more silver. Its an older style ladies formal watch without the strap. I am cleaning it up now and hope to have pictures later to post if it has a valueable metal.

The chain cleaned up real nicely with a little tarnx just by swishing it for a few seconds. The clasp with the K is missing so I am assuming 10k. With point 8 grams at todays spot price its worth about 17.32 I figure.

So for a grand total of around 18.72 for some fun in the sporadic sun, I believe today was a success. :cool:

Now this is the real cool part. The ATPro hit this tiny gold with a solid accurate reading in the nickle range at 3-4 inches in the wet sand. :shock: This chain is tiny and there was no charm found. Can we say woot ATPro?

w00t ATPRO! good job on the chain buddy. call me later so we can hunt tomorrow...cuz i'm goin somewhere!

Man I cant wait to get my AT-pro soon! Gotta sell my ACE 350 first!

Back
Top Bottom