What is the best detector for jewelry?

leeh

I have a White's M6 and it finds plenty of coins, and silver jewelry. I want to concentrate more on gold jewelry. What is the best detector for doing so? I will be hunting primarily parks and schools.

LeeH

I would think that your M6 should find jewelry, make sure you don't have your discrimination up too high. But I think the White's MXT would be a better jewelry hunter. Steve.

to find gold will require you to dig EVERY non iron junk signal. they can be anywhere from a foil reading to just under a zinc penny.Coins are easy to ID because they are the same metal an shape,but gold,you got 8k,9k,10k,14,18, etc an millions of diffrent sizes an shape an they will all read diffrent.Take a pull tab in perfect shape,get a reading,then put a bend in it,it will read diffrent, then put a twist in it,again a diffrent reading,but it is still the same metal an weight.

The guys are correct. The M6 is a good machine for gold jewelry hunting. I have an MXT and have found numerous gold jewelry pieces from bits of chain up to big fat 18K rings. But as mentioned, you'll have to dig just about everything because rings are about the only item that will give you a good stable VDI when swept. 10K toe rings are likely to be down in the 8-10 VDI range. This is the same a foil bits. Get dirty!

HH
G.

The M6 will hit on very small pieces of foil and metal items as small as a BB a few inches deep. You have to dig nickel,pulltab and very low foil VDI's and perhaps into the iron range and have the desire to dig countless times regardless of what comes out of the ground.

The MXT may be better for prospecting nuggets in the goldfields but i can't imagine hunting gold jewelry at a trashy park or school is going to make one better than the other.The M6 should be much more than adequate. HH Bill

QUOTE: Take a pull tab in perfect shape,get a reading,then put a bend in it,it will read diffrent, then put a twist in it,again a diffrent reading,but it is still the same metal an weight.
So dig everthing you hear just in case? Im not aware of things loosing shape and reading differently this is a very good tip. Sean

Back
Top Bottom