Looking to purchase Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Where is this Canadian Garrett factory located?

As far as I know there isn't one...but in their warranty it says :

"Special Notice to Foreign Customers: Terms of this Warranty may vary depending on the country in which this equipment was purchased and delivered. Any claims based on this Warranty must be made to Garrett’s local representative or agent. Do not attempt to return any Garrett products to the factory in the United States without written authorization from Garrett’s local agent or representative."

So perhaps there's something different up in Canada.

As far as I know there isn't one...but in their warranty it says :

"Special Notice to Foreign Customers: Terms of this Warranty may vary depending on the country in which this equipment was purchased and delivered. Any claims based on this Warranty must be made to Garrett’s local representative or agent. Do not attempt to return any Garrett products to the factory in the United States without written authorization from Garrett’s local agent or representative."

So perhaps there's something different up in Canada.

You are aware.....Canada is part of North America, aren't you?

Why don't you email Garrett with the content of this post, and post their reply regarding the warranty period of the PP in Canada.

If it's 1 year (on a new purchase) I'll admit I was wrong.

Fair enough?

Why don't you email Garrett with the content of this post, and post their reply regarding the warranty period of the PP in Canada.

If it's 1 year (on a new purchase) I'll admit I was wrong.

Fair enough?

Ah...a misunderstanding..

I was referring not to the warranty period but rather to the process. Perhaps our esteemed colleagues up north had to pay the local representative or agent...or perhaps due to customs fees, there's a charge for having something serviced.

Ah...a misunderstanding..

I was referring not to the warranty period but rather to the process. Perhaps our esteemed colleagues up north had to pay the local representative or agent...or perhaps due to customs fees, there's a charge for having something serviced.

Who would service a Garrett Warranty, other than someone authorized to do so, in which case they'd be compensated by Garrett, not the purchaser.

Makes no sense.

Just sent an email to Garrett with a link to the thread, and copy of pertinent text. Understandably, It's Friday PM, so won't be expecting a response for a few days.

Be interesting to hear what they have to say.

ETA: I lost a day, so this was sent Thursday. See Garretts reply below, on Friday :lol:

Last edited:
They laugh at us? :(:( now my feelings are hurt.

I don't spend money without checking out a company. I did a lot of research before buying my ATPro, if Garrett wasn't honoring warranties there would be BBB reports, attorney general complaints and lawsuits. Typical Americans don't put up with shenanigans over warranties. If they didn't honor your warranty, send a letter to the Texas Attorney General and the BBB. Might as well post it on Ripoff Report as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I'll raise you the email reply I'd just received from Garrett:

Screenshot-2018-11-02-at-10-50-51-AM.png

ETA: I replied, thanking her for her time, as I was sure this was a fabricated "story", and one that was in the past, not a current issue.

Again, not a fan of Garrett personally, but right it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
My carrot works great. Two years old no issues. I don't dig with mine or jab it around I was trying to stab something in the hole like have watched people do. They have sold to many of them not to be a decent product. I do not own a Garrett detector by the way.

Since it was directed at me, let me tell you "I don't care". I didn't want to cry, or run to a save space. I wasn't triggered, nor offended.

I grew-up in a different time...."sticks and stones". Everyone wasn't in therapy, or feeling the need to protest every time the wind blew.

That said, the truth generally comes out, which was the case in this instance.

I have a pro-pointer AT.

This was my first season using it. No issues, so glad I purchased it.

Haven' had any issues with my AT Pro or 350 either.

Back
Top Bottom