It's SAAAAAAGEGROUSE!!

The SageGrouse

Yeah, me! Sorry I've been away so long, but we had to move and a lot of stuff is happening.
My sweetheart is retired now, so we're both old and jobless... BUT.. more time SWINGIN'! Or at least it will be when the weather heats up. We now live in a senior community with practically NO dirt or grass areas. Crushed rocks instead. HOWEVER, we are RIGHT next to an old old OLD property that is so unpaved even the STREET passing through it is a dirt road. Concrete leading up to the side of the property, then dirt, then concrete again! The guy must be a total curmudgeon.

On the aerial view (thanks Google maps) of the place there is the shadow of an old demolished building! And it is RIGHT NEXT DOOR! You better BELIEVE I'mma go and beg him to let me hunt the place! DANG!

Plus we are now in the "suburbs" (read dusty trails and horseback rider signs) of Santa Fe so you can BET there's a lot of unswung dirt out there. PRO: Lots of land. CON: maybe it's deserted because NOBODY ever LIVED out here! *sigh* But the Minelab and the BountyHunters are ready and waiting. I'm going to start putting up "LEARN METAL DETECTING" and "I FIND LOST STUFF" signs out.
Next on my "to do" list.... BATTERIES!!

welcomebackchalkboardhh.jpg

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome back to the forum and to 'tectin! You've been missed and I have had to re-read your sardine can post several times to keep me entertained. GL and HH!!

I hope I can get my old account back.
UPDATES:
Gryphon and Lillie are no more. They have gone to that big dog park in the sky. Sad to see them go, but now we can sleep IN and sleep TOGETHER, my Beloved and I. No dawgz in between us.

Our marriage is certainly thriving. (wicked evil grin) Dogs are like Mrs. Grundy. You want to rip out a quick foxtrot? Nope! Dogs start barking and getting in between. Now that Pooches #1 and #2 are gone we're like kids when the parents are away. Mmmmm... hard to climb out of a cozy warm bed (and my cozy warm Beloved) and go detecting. Well, summer's coming and by then perhaps we'll settle down. after all, we've only BEEN together 36 years. Still in the honeymoon phase.

Basically, Lillie developed bone cancer. We didn't want her to suffer, so we had her euthanized. Then, three months later, Gryphon just stopped eating. Nothing we gave him would coax him to eat... the vet said he LOOKED OK, but they couldn't find anything to get him to eat. he acted like he was in pain. Finally we decided it was time. So again, we're dogless. These little guys were our last dogs. We're too old (Beloved is 72 and I am 65) to get young dogs, and too tired to walk older dogs. Nope, no more critters. Beloved is scattering bird seed and we're watching wild birds out our window.

We live in a Senior Complex in a little semidetached casita! On one side is a tiny pond (basically a rain catchment basin) and to the back a miniature forest. We have wonderful neighbors and social activities and such. And when the weather is warmer, I'm going to offer detecting lessons, free of charge. Maybe people will ask me to find stuff for them. Life is good again.
SageGrouse

I ran accross one of your posts and did a double take! Welcome back and I hope you can get your original account back. Glad to hear you and the beloved are doing well. Sorry to hear about the pups that’s the worst part of owning pets is the last decision. Keep us posted and good luck out there!

Mrs.Sage, Is that Santa Fe, the New Mexico kind or you from another area. They might even have a few boat docks there where an old kodger (applies to ladies also) might want to throw a magnet fishing rig around a bit. Just another way to get out and enjoy the senior life.

Last edited:
Your account is still active with a last login of 27 Nov 16. If you forgot your password just send a request..

Welcome from S.E. KS. I'm pretty new here so will have to go back and look up some of your old posts, sounds like they will be good reading.

MrSage, Is that Santa Fe, the New Mexico kind or you from another area. They might even have a few boat docks there where an old kodger might want to throw a magnet fishing rig around a bit. Just another way to get out and enjoy the senior life.

It would be “mrs sage” if I remember correctly. I’m pretty sure I made that mistake and was put in my place a few years back!:lol:

Welcome back and good luck getting on the property next door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about the pups , that's a hard thing to have to do , but sometimes it's best. Congrats on the new locale , hope the huntin turns into some great finds. And be careful there , yer post was almost gettin X rated ,,:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom