Oddball or Head-scratching Signs While Detecting

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
I actually ran across this somewhat baffling sign as I approached some local ball fields back in November before the ground froze up, but promptly forgot to share it until now:

BallfieldSign.jpeg

I get the “no pets” and “no cleats” etc, but what the heck is up with “home runs not allowed”??? Cuff and stuff little Johnny if he accidentally pops a blooper that makes it over the fence? :laughing: Some bizarre off-shoot of the disturbing trend for soccer leagues that don’t keep score during games?? :lol:

Anyways, now that I’m clearly going stir crazy waiting for the thaw, I thought it might be a fun way to pass the time if folks shared some of the bizarre or funny signs encountered while out hunting :grin:

Yeah, I don’t know either....

Attachments

• D5D8C428-6303-4790-8F88-865C80208D5F.jpg
    D5D8C428-6303-4790-8F88-865C80208D5F.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 515
I actually ran across this somewhat baffling sign as I approached some local ball fields back in November before the ground froze up, but promptly forgot to share it until now:

BallfieldSign.jpeg

I get the “no pets” and “no cleats” etc, but what the heck is up with “home runs not allowed”??? Cuff and stuff little Johnny if he accidentally pops a blooper that makes it over the fence? :laughing: Some bizarre off-shoot of the disturbing trend for soccer leagues that don’t keep score during games?? :lol:

Anyways, now that I’m clearly going stir crazy waiting for the thaw, I thought it might be a fun way to pass the time if folks shared some of the bizarre or funny signs encountered while out hunting :grin:

Yeah, I don’t know either....

These are to funny:lol::grin:

Our society is really making a mistake. Don't know what is more fragile than a snowflake but it's coming. This not keeping score and giving everyone a medal ... not good.

BallfieldSign.jpeg

Very simple.
Hitting a Home run could offend some who is isn't able to hit a home run.
If a home run was hit, members of the other team might require a hug and or a home run-free safe zone.

Yep...seen some strange signs while out running around on hunts.....

Attachments

• gluten1.jpg
    gluten1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 332
  • gluten.jpg
    gluten.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 322
  • june 20-15.jpg
    june 20-15.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 323
  • no detectors.jpg
    no detectors.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 329
Its probably so nobody gets hit by the ball that is outside the fence not associated with the ball game, not paying attention or to prevent damaging property. I saw the same thing on a sign at a park i hunt and the fence even had that same large corugated plastic on it.

While this wasn't detecting, this was disturbing in a way. This was taken as I went into the cemetery for my Uncle's funeral last year.

Attachments

• IMG_0804-2.JPG
    IMG_0804-2.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 273
Okay.

Found this one deep in the woods a couple months ago while out scouting and hiking on an old cart road.

Had to get a shot of this! :lol:

Might do more business better if they advertised in better locations with more traffic!

It was only me and coyotes out there! :shock: :laughing:

Attachments

• Use_this_one.jpg
    Use_this_one.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

BallfieldSign.jpeg

what the heck is up with “home runs not allowed”???
A lot of ball fields are doing this .. Adults also.. It is to get the players involved not to just stand there and watch the ball go over the fence

Its probably so nobody gets hit by the ball that is outside the fence not associated with the ball game, not paying attention or to prevent damaging property. I saw the same thing on a sign at a park i hunt and the fence even had that same large corugated plastic on it.

Exactly,it’s not about everyone being a winner,it’s that the field is SMALL and they are discouraging larger people from hitting balls and whacking people/property. Notice it says YOUTH SOFTBALL...that’s why it says what it does.
Safety related...

When I played men's softball a few years ago, some leagues allowed a certain amount of home runs, some had a pick the number before the game, some places made them automatic outs and some would eject you from the game for hitting one. Some of it was to force teams to move up into a more competitive division, keep really good teams from sand bagging into a lower class league or tourney.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom