• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

atpro vs deus vs nox 800 depth test

Let me say something here.
And this is just about Equinox in the video above.

So just think Equinox when I am writing here.
Equinox depending on the targets (conductivity) a user may get a better signal using park vs field modes. If folks will refer to instruction manual for Equinox pages 23 and 24- for explanation. So depending even better or worse signals, may have been gotten( on the different objects used) in the video had the gent tried the different modes.

Now, the gent's ground is mild I think, meaning as minerals levels rise this too could have an affect which detect mode park(s) or field(s) modes will strike deeper.

Me doing what I have here talking I mean no disrespect to Deus or At Pro, but Equinox is the new kid on the block.

Agree

Just like that nugget test, in 40khz it might have hit harder, appeared he was in park mode, one thing he failed to do is show us all the setting's, a key player in depth a depth test, open screen , max sense , disc, and the list goes on.

Just like that nugget test, in 40khz it might have hit harder, appeared he was in park mode, one thing he failed to do is show us all the setting's, a key player in depth a depth test, open screen , max sense , disc, and the list goes on.

Earl, you may not believe this.
Just about every target you subject Equinox (barring possible emi influence) multi freq clear winner or a tie versus any single freq ops.

What I see so far anyway.
Btw a little tidbit to show how good multi freq is.
Original plans were to have gold mode (prospecting) to be 40 kHz. But seems Minelab with their skills, found a way to make Mulit freq the supreme being even here, hence prospecting mode default is multi frequency.

And as ground minerals rise multi freq advantage for depth grows vs single freq ops. Meaning if you think you can select low freq like 5khz for silver and run over multi freq , think again. And if you think you can select 15kjz or 20khz to outdo multi freq on a deep nickel, think again. If you think you can dial 40khz and outdo multi freq on a smal piece of gold think again. Now emi could make single freq applications better vs multi frequendy. Here single freq could have advantage(s). And that's one reason the single freqs are on the detector.

Tnss

Yes i will like it at the beach, plan on a beach hunt tomorrow, it will be mostly dry sand, wet surf line, slim to none here this time of year, i will hunt my yard to almost two acres 1800 split farm land, Earl

Yes i will like it at the beach, plan on a beach hunt tomorrow, it will be mostly dry sand, wet surf line, slim to none here this time of year, i will hunt my yard to almost two acres 1800 split farm land, Earl

Will prove interesting Earl, good luck. Don't mow any CTXers down at there.lol

Tnss, is it possible that ML have dumbed down the Equinox's single freq to make it's multi freq shine?
Do you think the Equinox's single freq is weak compared to other single freq machines?

Earl, you may not believe this.
Just about every target you subject Equinox (barring possible emi influence) multi freq clear winner or a tie versus any single freq ops.

What I see so far anyway.
Btw a little tidbit to show how good multi freq is.
Original plans were to have gold mode (prospecting) to be 40 kHz. But seems Minelab with their skills, found a way to make Mulit freq the supreme being even here, hence prospecting mode default is multi frequency.

And as ground minerals rise multi freq advantage for depth grows vs single freq ops. Meaning if you think you can select low freq like 5khz for silver and run over multi freq , think again. And if you think you can select 15kjz or 20khz to outdo multi freq on a deep nickel, think again. If you think you can dial 40khz and outdo multi freq on a smal piece of gold think again. Now emi could make single freq applications better vs multi frequendy. Here single freq could have advantage(s). And that's one reason the single freqs are on the detector.

Was

Hunting yesterday wit the CTX3030 at the beach with the 17 coil, i hope the Equinox will keep up with it at the beach with the 15 coil, hope to see the accessories come out soon , wonder how much longer for that :roll::laughing:

;)
Tnss, is it possible that ML have dumbed down the Equinox's single freq to make it's multi freq shine?
Do you think the Equinox's single freq is weak compared to other single freq machines?

Good question.
All I know using multi frequendy is the odds on favorite for depth, separation, and unmasking in every situation I have tried to test and use.

Also, folks need to watch some of the videos like nail,board, etd.
Equinox performance may be able to be improve with slightly lower disc.
Also speed setting 8 is not the answer to all difficult challenges with Equinox, actually speed settings 6 and 7 generally are.
Iron bias will affect unmasking and separation, depth too.
Speed setting evidently it tied to some form of filtering or something. Why do I believe this? Seems in my ground going lower than speed setting 4 starts to chop or corrupt deeper target's audio. I suspect milder ground lower speed setting would do better.
Length of tone changes too depending on speed setting. But seems like some masking (meaning there is iron under coil, could even be on same plane as nonferrous) involved with nonferrous this tone length change not as apparent.

We also did not see the machines GB , could also effect results, as well as changing settings on the deus and Nox. I kinda figured the pro would be at the back of the pack, too bad he did not have the max, it might have done a little better. If he was running basic program with no mod to it, it is not the deepest that the deus can do.

They should have done the test with the AT MAX, I think it would have performed better.

After my first real world hunt today with my 800 and seeing videos like this I am getting more confidence in this machines abilities.

Also my curiosity has been spiked as to what changes beyond what we see with Iron bias and speed are going on behind the scenes in the machine when you switch modes.

Noticed the AT Pro was set at a power level of 6 (out of 8). With my AT Gold that translates to 3" less depth. Were the other machines also set to a reduced power level?

Back
Top Bottom