• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Door knocking during the day on weekdays

ToySoldier

Forum Supporter
I'm taking some time off work and we still have some days in the 40s and 50s ahead. I was wondering how people make out small town door knocking during weekday business hours. I've only ever done it during the weekends and try to catch people outside.

Definitely tougher during weekdays, but doable. Just more searching for someplace with someone home.

I hate bothering people period. I do knock on doors during the week and prefer it to weekends. I get a 50/50 success rate either time. I also work nights and suggest knocking lightly. Most night workers are prepared to avoid small interruptions. I have two sound machines an air cleaner and a fan running. The last time I was awoken was when the cops thought a 911 call came from my house. All the pounding fortunately made my lazy dog go ape-shat and woke me. Otherwise they probably would of broke the door in.

The only issue is fewer people will be home.

The yes/no ratio really doesn't change but the % of knocks answered is definitely lower.

Definitely tougher during weekdays, but doable. Just more searching for someplace with someone home.

I hate bothering people period. I do knock on doors during the week and prefer it to weekends. I get a 50/50 success rate either time. I also work nights and suggest knocking lightly. Most night workers are prepared to avoid small interruptions. I have two sound machines an air cleaner and a fan running. The last time I was awoken was when the cops thought a 911 call came from my house. All the pounding fortunately made my lazy dog go ape-shat and woke me. Otherwise they probably would of broke the door in.

The only issue is fewer people will be home.

The yes/no ratio really doesn't change but the % of knocks answered is definitely lower.

Thanks all!

Y'all remember that childrens magazine in the dentist office called 'Highlights'?

The 'Goofus and Gallant' cartoon page? Trying to teach kids proper ways of doing things?

Heres the metal detectorist version:

"Goofus loudly bangs on somebodies door in the middle of the day and asks if he can dig up their yard. All the way down the block goes Goofus banging on doors and bothering people! Gallant simply slips into a neighborhood quietly gives it a quick sweep without causing a fuss." :laughing:

"Goofus goes down to City Hall and belabors an ignorant clerk for written permission for him to go pick up pennies in a Park...Gallant simply goes to the park early in the morning without bothering anybody!" :laughing:

"Goofus asserts his imaginary rights to all and sundry and is a general pain in the tookus!....Gallant goes through Life unseen and unnoticed and leaves no trace He has ever been there!"...:laughing:

"Goofus farts around in the middle of the day at at active Sports field dressed like Thorin Oakenshield attracting attention...Gallant goes out at night peaceful and serene!" :laughing:

Y'all remember that childrens magazine in the dentist office called 'Highlights'?

The 'Goofus and Gallant' cartoon page? Trying to teach kids proper ways of doing things?

Heres the metal detectorist version:

"Goofus loudly bangs on somebodies door in the middle of the day and asks if he can dig up their yard. All the way down the block goes Goofus banging on doors and bothering people! Gallant simply slips into a neighborhood quietly gives it a quick sweep without causing a fuss." :laughing:

"Goofus goes down to City Hall and belabors an ignorant clerk for written permission for him to go pick up pennies in a Park...Gallant simply goes to the park early in the morning without bothering anybody!" :laughing:

"Goofus asserts his imaginary rights to all and sundry and is a general pain in the tookus!....Gallant goes through Life unseen and unnoticed and leaves no trace He has ever been there!"...:laughing:

"Goofus farts around in the middle of the day at at active Sports field dressed like Thorin Oakenshield attracting attention...Gallant goes out at night peaceful and serene!" :laughing:

My only goal in life is to someday be able to write like you ! :p

Hey Mud Puppy...…..It would have taken me 100 years to write something as good as this...…..especially the one that involves city hall. Couldn't agree with you more on all of these. :goodpost:

While routinely door knocking over the years (dozens), I rarely received a no be it weekdays or weekends, by myself or with a buddy. Keep your introduction time down to about 30 seconds or so. It’s what works for me.

Back
Top Bottom