What’s your most popular clad find?

It's all about quarters in my book. 90 percent are quarters for me and then dimes and nickels. Found around $10,000 in quarters since 2013!! :cool3: I use the nox 800. The pic is from 2018 totals!

Noxdude50

Quite the display, have to wonder though, what took longer, the digging and cleaning or the arranging? :D

You have a lot more patients than I do with clad. I just tumble and dump into a Coinstar.

The top picture looks like the contents from a desk drawer tray. Looks like someone grabbed a handful from a secretary desk drawer and ran off, later dropping them all somehow?
Yeah, that's one of the theories. My best guess is it was a kid's buried treasure some time in the 90's. It even includes a flattened penny from the Field Museum here in Chicago. It was fun digging these out but man, it almost blew my ears off. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The top picture looks like the contents from a desk drawer tray. Looks like someone grabbed a handful from a secretary desk drawer and ran off, later dropping them all somehow?

Almost looks like someone dumped out a "junk drawer" where they also threw spare change :lol:

Yeah, that's one of the theories. My best guess is it was a kid's buried treasure some time in the 90's. It even includes a flattened penny from the Field Museum here in Chicago. It was fun digging these out but man, it almost blew my ears off. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

With all those different coins and other objects all together I wonder if your VDI numbers were jumping around all over the place :lol:

Quite the display, have to wonder though, what took longer, the digging and cleaning or the arranging? :D

You have a lot more patients than I do with clad. I just tumble and dump into a Coinstar.

Digging of course! Lol. The display did not take long to make. All of my coins were wrapped up and taken to the bank. I am starting to do videos of my hunts. Search for the mega cladder and you can see how I do it!

Noxdude50

I went back to my local park again today. Quarters won again, then dimes, then pennies although it was really hot and I started passing on some of them so they probably could have beat dimes out. I did find 3 nickels today which is awesome because I have only found 3 since I started this hobby. 2 were in a nice little spill. I have never found this many in one spot and certainly not so shallow or close together. You can see the hole. Barely even an inch deep and 2-3 inches across. I was shocked they were all so close. This was in the middle of a grassy strip that runs between a couple of fenced in ball fields. Has been a very good area for producing coins!

Attachments

• spill.jpg
    spill.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom