thoughts on pirate treasure dreams

StPetePaulie

So I was just sitting here working and dreaming about metal detecting and I started to imagine getting some really loud, deep sound on my machine. Of course, when I finally dug up enough sand to see my target it was a pirate chest full of booty ! Jewels and swords and tableware and the like. I'm sure you can picture it. Then came the challenging part of the whole situation. What was I supposed to do with a pirate chest full of treasure on a semi crowded beach in a state (like all states I guess) where anything over 100 years old is the governments. As you can imagine, it was overwhelming and I thought that I should get ahead of the game and see what strategy others on this forum might develop and pursue....you know.....just in case I ever find myself in that situation....I may need to program a few choice, trusted phone numbers in my phone in preparation for the day.

I can start it off with one idea...I could take some out and shove it in my finds and trash pouches.....bury it back...come back and get more until I shawshank everything out.....but....that seems tricky. So.....any ideas ?

I would sit down, Call the family and not tell them much(the woman won't listen) tell them to bring big blankets, food, water, bags and a E tool. When they get their have them put their blankets on the outside of the chest to cover and dig into the chest, put items in bags and bring to a waiting car and repeat.

When done backfill and run.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I would sit down, Call the family and not tell them much(the woman won't listen) tell them to bring big blankets, food, water, bags and a E tool. When they get their have them put their blankets on the outside of the chest to cover and dig into the chest, put items in bags and bring to a waiting car and repeat.

I have a feeling that "run" will be/ should be a part of any plan at some point ! LOL that was pretty funny .

I have a feeling that "run" will be/ should be a part of any plan at some point ! LOL that was pretty funny .
Ok then act like you found gold rings with 3 pound diamonds on them, play it cool and walk slowly and carry a big scoop!

Ok then act like you found gold rings with 3 pound diamonds on them, play it cool and walk slowly and carry a big scoop!

I'm gonna need a bigger scoop and a better poker face ! I'll be the guy walking a little to quickly repeating "nothing to see here" under my breath......

Maybe I need to have a friend with a boat....that he can beach....and then we grab the chest and run like hell to the water after putting on our Richard Nixon masks !! Then raise the skull and cross bones of course.

I'm gonna need a bigger scoop and a better poker face ! I'll be the guy walking a little to quickly repeating "nothing to see here" under my breath......

Maybe I need to have a friend with a boat....that he can beach....and then we grab the chest and run like hell to the water after putting on our Richard Nixon masks !! Then raise the skull and cross bones of course.
Or hope you find the treasure chest onna Las Vegas beach on dress up like Elvis day!

I never ran. I'm still here :laughing:

:gettinmoney::pirate2: Anything found on the beach (sand) is yours.

IF there is anything in waters for more than 50 years, it is considered to be state property and it is illegal to remove the item. But really, by the time anyone figured anything out and any “authority” arrived, I would be long gone. Also, who determines the age of an item? “Oh it looked newer to me”. :cool3:

:gettinmoney::pirate2: Anything found on the beach (sand) is yours.

IF there is anything in waters for more than 50 years, it is considered to be state property and it is illegal to remove the item. But really, by the time anyone figured anything out and any “authority” arrived, I would be long gone. Also, who determines the age of an item? “Oh it looked newer to me”. :cool3:

I guess I've been confused some about that law. so thanks for clearing that up..."finders/keepers"....that's a law I can get behind.

Bury it, act like nothing happened, keep an eye on the location throughout daylight hours, then in the wee hours of the night, dig it up and haul it to your car. Just tell me the GPS coordinates and I'll show you.

Easy.
First rule, tell no one. Every single story about treasure finds going bad starts with loose lips.
Second rule is it fast, leaving it is not an option.
Third rule is sell it off slowly over time

Hide it in plain site. Go grab a bag of ice and a 6 pack. open the chest, add ice and cold beer and pretend it a cooler as you carry it out. If anyone asks you bought it off pirate dreams party supply clearing house or some other place you make up. Offer them a beer if you like.

My problem with things like this is I'd never dig that signal in the first place! If a target rings up huge...and still like that after lifting the coil 6+ inches, I move on! Oh the things I could be missing....

You need to ask The Oak Island Boys. They know how to get a treasure chest out of the ground.

You see in this country we are the government so "me" being part of "we" would calmly drag the chest right by everyone straight to my truck where I have a hand crank winch and two stout planks for just such an occasion! Then I would strategically drive to my hideout and start weighing it up! Then I would call my buddy up that I have a gold competition with every season to tell him he lost!:D

Back
Top Bottom