Nox owners

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Got a question for you guys.And this don’t apply to all,just some..But I’ve been watching the classifieds expecting a lot of AT pros to get dumped and I’m just not seeeing them ..So I look at the guys who claim they haven’t touched they’re at pro since they got the equinox last year...My question is why are you holding onto the at pro?
Not trying to get into the age old spitting contest of which is better,just wondering why you guys still keep the at pro?

I've advertised mine for sale on another site, craigslist,
and a local radio stations swap show..... just a few lookers,
and two offers, under my bottom dollar,
one guy wanted me to break up my AT Pro package........ :nono:
I know I'll kick myself if I do end up selling it, :facepalm:
I don't need to sell it, but I could always use the money.
I know the longer I keep it the more it will depreciate,
and It will be hard to get what I'm looking for in dollars.
I just ordered the EQ 800 last week.

I like to take mine out occasionally, funny thing is I’ve started to forget the nuances of it, I guess I should use it a bit more or maybe I’m just getting on in years 😄

My old White's is a good machine. I haven't touched it since I got the 800 last summer. The Equinox is just a better detector. Why haven't I sold the White's yet? Patience, Grasshopper. Springtime is now approaching, and the old machine is gaining some market value back now. I no longer feel I need a backup or a loaner, so it is getting sold soon. Sorry if you only wanted to question AT Pro owners. I might want to keep an AT Pro if I had one...maybe.

I have not sold mine (whites) because I like to have a backup.
There are dozens of reasons why someone decides to not sell, It doesnt have to be " I got something new sell the old "

Sold my AT Gold after 3 months with the Nox. I used Ebay. Craigslist is the only other classifieds in my area and those detectors are mostly ancient or entry level. On Ebay there are lots of used ATs for sale and Whites and XTerras, Etracs, Explorers, Safaris, and plenty of Fishers and Teknetics mid range detectors. I have no idea if the Nox, Deus and Nokta/Makros have anything to do with this. There are a few used Deus and Nox and quite a few Racers for sale there too.

Jeff

I kept mine as a backup also but thinking about selling it. Then I can put that money towards buying another 800 NOX. It is a great machine but I love the NOX.

Hi Woodbutcher,
just to follow up because I thought this was an interesting question, I went on Ebay and checked for USED DETECTORS. I counted up good quality detectors from each major brand(excluded Bounty Hunter sorry, and Tesoro)

Fisher/Teknetics=33 currently for sale

Garrett=16 AT pros or golds
34 others Ace 250s and up

Minelab=37 Excals, Sovs, E-Tracs, Explorers, Safaris, X-Terras
3 Equinox

Nokta Makro=13

this one is scary!!!!! Whites=64 includes MXTs DFX XLT Surfmaster, Goldmaster, etc.

XP Deus=3

Jeff

I just purchased the "Nox" and am grappling with trying to learn how to use

this complex machine ..... I've kept both my White's MX Sport and

the OLD White's 6000 Di Pro from 1986 ! :yes:

It's also quite possible that some of these detectors that are for sale on Ebay or Craigslist are being sold by "newbies" who bought a detector, either new or old, and didn't find much with them and quickly tired of this hobby. Thought they'd get rich quick and it didn't happen. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're all selling their old detectors to raise money so they can rush right out and get on the NOX bandwagon.

Kept mine for a backup. Also for my son to use when he go's with me. I had an ace 350 sold that instead.

Seems some folks are just now getting EQx. And likely for different reasons.
Like their first detector, it’s spring time and they decided to buy. They liked what has been said and found when used by others. They like the fact no trends with problems noted by folks. They like the weight of Nox.

So more and more folks buying Nox.
Some will keep all or part of their old detectors maybe for backups etc.
And when they become proficient with Nox maybe they will rid themselves with their older detectors.

There is no way looking at internet and or metal detecting forums to see actual sales numbers of any detector unit model wise.

We can see trends maybe and I am sure dealers have a good feeling what is going on based on what they sell and what folks ask about when they call.

Tough market
Lots of competition going on.

Tesoro has folded.
Could there be another in USA that does ?

I say YES.
Time will tell.

This new Simplex detector that’s coming could be very attractive detector for lots of folks especially beginners. For price seems offers lots.
Here a couple videos showing Simplex and mentioning price range.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph1a9B8fiHg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...22FkJMeUw7wK3s&feature=youtu.be&v=5zT-z7t7R4I

Last edited:
I wanted to add the reason I purchased a nox.. I wanted a water machine ,it works great for me,a T-2 for deep relics/coins on dry land .Im a senior in age/ and handy cap and they are lite in weight.dont know how long I still have to detect, but both detectors are awesome, IMO.

We can see trends maybe and I am sure dealers have a good feeling what is going on based on what they sell and what folks ask about when they call.

Tough market
Lots of competition going on.

Tesoro has folded.
Could there be another in USA that does ?

I say YES.
Time will tell.

[/url]
Equinox made in Malaysia is why its a relatively cheap detector.
Once the outsourcing starts to third world countries, we will see them all fold, Just like any other industry. Sure the detectors will be cheaper but at the cost of our jobs, technology and values. :sick:
I am shocked it has not happened yet.

Ok,got some answers to my original question so thanks to the guys who responded.
On a side note,tesoro imploded and from all the info I’ve read it had nothing to do with sales or a rival competitor putting them out of business,it was a internal decision.
Garrett and first Texas definitely have the sales and no way are they going anywhere,Garrett’s money is old money..Whites ,well they have a following that seems to be passed on from generation to generation so I think they’ll be ok.Old school guys outside this forum just don’t care about another brand.

Equinox made in Malaysia is why its a relatively cheap detector.
Once the outsourcing starts to third world countries, we will see them all fold, Just like any other industry. Sure the detectors will be cheaper but at the cost of our jobs, technology and values. :sick:
I am shocked it has not happened yet.

give it time! although at $899.00 a copy,i don't consider it cheap! when you are on fixed income,you tend to look at it that way!
(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom