Old building pays off!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
So we decided to go out to an old school, the building is every bit of 100 years old, found a couple old nickels, old dimes, (no silvers yet tho!) and then today I got ANOTHER first!! A Bicentennial Dollar! I was hunting around the front of the abandoned building, near a storm drain run off. Nothing but coins!! Im tumbling a handful of quarters, nickels and dimes now to see if I may have got my first silver, also dug up a Sacajawea dollar! Definitely anxious to get back out there! Didnt even get a 1/4 of the area due to it still being under a lot of snow. One of the better days for sure!! Spent all day swinging a detector, met an amazing preacher who also gave us a new permission! Anyways, heres the Bicentennial Dollar!

Attachments

• Dollar.jpg
    Dollar.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_3610.jpg
    100_3610.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 262
Oldest coin I found today was a 1954 nickel. After tumbling all the quarters and dimes today, STILL havent found a silver. The dollar coin and all the older coins were only a few inches deep, so I dont believe this spot has been pounded to hard, its in a tiny little town way outside of the city, just cant seem to find the silvers!

Well, either way, you got a rare bird, more Morgan dollars found than Ikes and yours is a bicentennial!

Congrats!!

<°)))>{

Cool find. I still get excited about finding Bicentennial quarters. I know they are not worth much, but I loved them when I was a kid.

Cool find. I still get excited about finding Bicentennial quarters. I know they are not worth much, but I loved them when I was a kid.

Thanks. Yeah, for some reason those are some of my favorite coins as well, I like finding anything out of the ordinary lol

Sounds like an awesome hunt! You got a Sacajawea dollar, a bicentennial Eisenhower dollar, and a bunch of clad? Plus had a good ol' time? I'd give that an A+.

Sounds like an awesome hunt! You got a Sacajawea dollar, a bicentennial Eisenhower dollar, and a bunch of clad? Plus had a good ol' time? I'd give that an A+.

Yeah, we pulled about $5.00 in clad so far, and thats just the areas not covered in snow! Theres EASILY about a football field worth of lawn to go hunt in front of the school, and across the street by the ball courts as well! Just waiting for the snow to melt! Im hoping we dig up a Walking Liberty or a Big Ben next!

Back
Top Bottom