Drive by screamer

CarsonChris

Elite Member
To the drive by screaming detectorist in Carson City. My plug holes aren’t to deep and I had to dig deeper to find the targets! Get a Nox, dig deeper!

Ok... Don't know what that was about, but the other day I was hunting a curb and had a guy drive by yelling and cussing at me as he went. Kept an eye on him for a bit to make sure all he was going to do was yell. He kept on going, so I went back to hunting. Figure he just had a bad day and needed to yell at someone.

To the drive by screaming detectorist in Carson City. My plug holes aren’t to deep and I had to dig deeper to find the targets! Get a Nox, dig deeper!

Kind of reminds me of the gent with two aggressive dogs running freely in a leash area not happy with me trying to find off his dogs with my spade and metal detector.. When confronted with his not having his dogs on a leash and threatening people, he challenged me that digging was illegal in the field and that I was ruining it for everyone.. After I threatened to call the cops about his dogs, he left.. unfortunately when he got to the other end of the park his dogs attacked a smaller dog... Luckily that gent had insurance to pay for the little dog's medical bills, pay his bylaw fines and bite muzzles for his dog. Every time he sees me in the park since then he keeps his distance.. probably thinks I called the cops on him in the first place..

You can fix stupid... Just have to tolerate them..

You can fix stupid... Just have to tolerate them..

Amen to that... it's probably time to start another thread of "idiot things people say to you, while you're detecting." Also appropriate, would be the responses you've given, that are worth a chuckle!

SKippy

My plugs are usually about 6” deep. I work from there the coins are usually 4-8” so far. A lot of times the coin is sitting right at the bottom of the plug. Why this lady screamed is beyond me!

I do a lot of walking and bike riding in Summer and there's always some smart azz passing in a vehicle that has to demonstrate their shoe-sized IQ and yell something stupid. They never do it while walking past; in a car they know you can't catch them.

I was digging a deep target in my front yard with the Sampson shovel and it had just turned dark. (I've found all sorts of things out there, including deep horseshoes.) I was on my knees holding the shovel when a car slowed down to a crawl. A person that sounded like a teenage girl yelled "Oh my god! He's burying something! Go! Go!" She and another girl shrieked and they quickly drove away.

Amen to that... it's probably time to start another thread of "idiot things people say to you, while you're detecting." Also appropriate, would be the responses you've given, that are worth a chuckle!

SKippy

'Splain THIS one to me.. while driving in the southern USA last month, we saw a lot of of these signs on the highway... I kid you not...

"Speed detected by speed detection devices"

erhmm... uh... seriously don't know if those signs were a joke or making it as simple as possible for those you can't fix.. ?

The other day I was detecting a park.. I heard "freak! "Being yelled by a woman.. I look up and it was one of my coworkers driving by. We have a good relationship so it was all in fun... Then as she was leaving the park she slowed the car down and yelled it again. Think I gave her the finger..
The next day she told me her friend in the car got upset with her thinking I was terribly offended.

'Splain THIS one to me.. while driving in the southern USA last month, we saw a lot of of these signs on the highway... I kid you not...

"Speed detected by speed detection devices"

erhmm... uh... seriously don't know if those signs were a joke or making it as simple as possible for those you can't fix.. ?

BWAHHAHAHAA! Love it.

My favorite official notice was from my own employee handbook. Says, "You may not touch the fire extinguisher without first getting permission from Security."

I pointed out to my boss that such a policy would prevent me from using the extinguisher in the event of a fire. He laughed and suggested I just walk outside and let the fire go, then.

*shakes head*

LMAO!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Mud.......you are the freaking man!!!! I needed that outburst of laughter!!!!

For some reason, Moreso than any other, the Sport of Metal detecting elicits a large share of contempt and derision from those that dont partake or understand us...
Why just last week during primetime on TV, On Fox networks "The Five" one sassy female member named singularly as "Kennedy", stated regarding the Mueller Russian Collusion probe, that he reminds her of: "One of those creepy old METAL DETECTOR guys who is looking for a gold bracelet on the beach but is never going to find it!" Her exact words!

So yeah...if a guy is gonna be out in the public trying to find a few pennies with a Metal Detector, a guy can expect some unexplained verbal causticies and character aspersions...Heck, when I took up this Sport nigh on 10yrs ago, my own Wife of 40yrs commented, "What? Metal Detecting? Are you gay or something?"...:laughing::laughing:

Why just last week during primetime on TV, On Fox networks "The Five" one sassy female member named singularly as "Kennedy", stated regarding the Mueller Russian Collusion probe, that he reminds her of: "One of those creepy old METAL DETECTOR guys who is looking for a gold bracelet on the beach but is never going to find it!" Her exact words!

ouch.

Right? Pretty creepy.....pack of cigarettes stuffed up under a beanie, wearing a Farmer John wetsuit and an Underarmour top? Creepy and Deplorable! Dont look gay to me though, but what do I know about fashion? Could be the blue phones? :laughing:

Attachments

• oct 6-16-3.jpg
    oct 6-16-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 188
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 176
I've had a few people ask me if I was finding anything, I had a woman follow me around a sand volleyball court totally fascinated by the clad that I was finding, but otherwise I've had no one harass me.

Ha ha; I was metal detecting in the City Park the other day and it was getting late. The high school kids were getting out of school and taking a short cut through the park. I usually get out of there before the kids start infiltrating the park. One group walked by and several of the kids started beeping. Actually I kind of smiled. It seemed humorous to me. Some one must have been detecting there with out head phones. I always wear them since I have the wireless ones. It was also cold enough out that they keep your ears warm too. Some things are funny if you let them be.

Back
Top Bottom