Southbay report 1-21-2017

Pyriteboy

The 3 storm trifecta didn't live up to the billing here in the South Bay because the storm came in from the south and created an uphill current for much of Friday. The beaches were mostly flat and sanded in, so Saturday morning I ran up the line to the north where the beaches face slightly more to the south. Me and my friend hacked our way through all the trash until we ran into a few narrow zones which gave up sinkers and coins. We threw out the anchor and flogged this area until the wind died down, which started a sand accumulation cycle. My friend scored his first ever gold ring and silver quarter. He also picked up a silver ring, silver pendant, and a heart stopping junker ring. I ran into the bunk gold plated 14k ring, a small real 14k ring, a silver ring, a silver quarter and a silver dime. All of this came from an area no larger than a small bedroom. Fun day.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN6228.jpg
    DSCN6228.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 209
Jerry, Looks like you and Jeff had similar experiences yesterday. Looks like there are productive spots out there if one is prepared to scout out several spots. I'm going to give it a try today- thanks for the report and congrats on a great hunt! :yes:

:dingding: Congrats on the gold and finding the area that led to it. You gotta love those high productive small areas! :yes:

Nice hunt and congrats on the gold. With another storm coming in today, hopefully this is the start of our winter sand movement.

George: It's good to be back in the game again; I did my due diligence on Friday because my friend was traveling from far away and I wanted him to have a shot at success.

Mud: I had never been to this area before; what put me here was 30% research, and 70% desperation/science experiment.

Tom: You are spot-on with your comments on subtle erosion.

Felix: Thank you for your comment; I have never seen such a small area give up the good stuff we found. Maybe a bit of luck to have stumbled upon it.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom