Hello from West Australia....

kingswood

Hi All.
Quite new to detecting, but have recently moved to a "Gold" area of West Australia, so figured it may be a useful hobby to take up :D
I have an old Garrett Deepseeker VLF/TR and a Minelab XT17000....both obtained cheaply, both working and expecting both will be next to useless out here for gold anyway ha ha!
I have purchased a couple of Vallon mine detectors from ebay.....the lack of discrimination doesnt really concern me as I plan to dig everything anyway....I was more interested in the depth idea. May find that I am digging down 3 feet for shotgun pellets, but anyway :roll:
If anyone has had any success with the Vallon's, let me know :)

Hello, also from WA! The are not that many people on this forum Western Australia.

Most areas where I've been prospecting for gold in WA you wouldn't really be digging for rubbish, as there's hardly been any machinery used, but then again, if you are looking in a creek, be expected to find a lot of deep rubbish. Shotgun shells and lead shots I have often found just lying on the surface

Good luck!

Hello, also from WA! The are not that many people on this forum Western Australia.

Most areas where I've been prospecting for gold in WA you wouldn't really be digging for rubbish, as there's hardly been any machinery used, but then again, if you are looking in a creek, be expected to find a lot of deep rubbish. Shotgun shells and lead shots I have often found just lying on the surface

Good luck!
Awesome :)! Nice to see another Sandgroper ha ha!
Good to hear about the rubbish.....Hopefully the areas I go have none :lol:

Welcome from Buffalo New York , love to spend a year MDing with you !!!
HH and be sure to post your stories here. GOod Luck !!

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
Well the Vallon detectors are on their way!! Have a VMC1 (Gizmo) and a VMH3CS coming. Reading the data sheets, they sound awesome! Excellent depth. I look forward to trying them on gold :yes:
Went out on the weekend with the old Garrett Deepseeker....was a pain to ground balance it as the area was full of mineralized rock....ended up turning the sensitivity right back so at least I could actually get rid of the constant squeal!....Still managed to pick up a good signal on the lead fishing sinker I threw among the rocks and found 2 old bullet casings...Still learning :)
I will report how the Vallon's go when I get them!....."Advanced Digital Pulse Induction"...sounds good anyway :D

Welcome from Wisconsin! Definitely on my bucket list to visit Australia!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom