Giving display case to saloon owner tonight!

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Tonight I will be giving this display case to the new owner of the 1880's saloon where I found some real nice items this past year.
He turned it into a restaurant and his Grand Opening is tonight so this is very exciting for me.

The tokens I found were issued by the saloon owner from 1912 - 1919.
I was also able to print out a color Sanborn Fire map from 1888 showing the property.

Luckily, there will still be ground to be hunted when the ground thaws this spring.

Happy Hunting everybody.

Attachments

• Wisniewski tokens.jpg
    Wisniewski tokens.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 540
That's pretty cool and very thoughtful of you Matt. Hopefully he hangs it in the bar and it turns into more leads for you.:grin:

Great way to give some back I'm sure it means as much to the owner as it does to you good luck and I hope you find some great stuff in the spring there

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Excellent. References of having done history records like that, are also great ice-breakers to lead to future permissionso too.

that's great... any idea what the items were used for?
Hope you find some more great stuff from there

There are two "good for" tokens which were given out by the saloon owner between 1912-1919.
Large item in the center is a suspender buckle.
There are three clay pipe stems in the lower right corner.
Three miscellaneous buttons on the right side.
Watch fob clasp on the left side and also a cuf link on the left side with gilt missing.

Very cool Matt! I am sure it will be an instant conversation starter for those sitting at the bar. I'm looking forward to stopping by there for a look around and a bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom