Clad Stack!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Wet and very quiet this am...mid 50's temps....Foggy, not a hint of a breeze, the air felt like damp fabric, like when you take a shirt out of the dryer that isnt quite dry, has lost its warmth, but not wet enough to not wear it.....Very tolerable conditions for this time of the year and perfect to make a Sunday Schoolyard clad run! Melting piles, flat grass, wet dirt...Nobody out..

So I hit some nearby school totters, snowpiles and entrances...You never know what might be melting out of a snowpile! Cell phones, clothes, cans, lighters, possibly paper money even...Its an easy, low impact kind of sport! Mainly eyeball work for bills, with the rig set light to pull some shallow and errant freshies!.

Along one entrance I got a large 'bastard signal'...stooped and stabbed up a nice little multidenom clad stack! It was wrapped in that bit of paper you can see off to the right of the hole......

Nothing major to report other than this stack, which is a perfect representation of other multidenom tight spills and stacks out there waiting for you....I had fun hunting clad in January in the dirt, and made it home with no kind of trauma or trouble or adventure worth an honorable mention...I probably pulled $5 clad this am, maybe $7ish...I bought some beer on the way home, so hey...right back where I started!
Mud

Attachments

• jan 22-17.jpg
    jan 22-17.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 487
  • jan 22-17-1.jpg
    jan 22-17-1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 475
  • jan 22-17-2.jpg
    jan 22-17-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 460
  • jan 22-17-3.jpg
    jan 22-17-3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Nice job...We have the same conditions here Mud and I was able to get out yesterday also which was nice. Its raining now but im still going out for a bit as they are calling for 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow night which will shut down all detecting....Continues success...HH !

Wet and very quiet this am...mid 50's temps....Foggy, not a hint of a breeze, the air felt like damp fabric, like when you take a shirt out of the dryer that isnt quite dry, has lost its warmth, but not wet enough to not wear it.....Very tolerable conditions for this time of the year and perfect to make a Sunday Schoolyard clad run! Melting piles, flat grass, wet dirt...Nobody out..

So I hit some nearby school totters, snowpiles and entrances...You never know what might be melting out of a snowpile! Cell phones, clothes, cans, lighters, possibly paper money even...Its an easy, low impact kind of sport! Mainly eyeball work for bills, with the rig set light to pull some freshies.

Along one entrance I got a large 'bastard signal'...stooped and stabbed up a nice little multidenom clad stack! It was wrapped in that bit of paper you can see off to the right of the hole......

Nothing major to report other than this stack, which is a perfect representation of other multidenom tight spills and stacks out there waiting for you....I had fun hunting clad in January in the dirt, and made it home with no kind of trauma or trouble or adventure worth an honorable mention...I probably pulled $5 clad this am, maybe $7ish...I bought some beer on the way home, so hey...right back where I started!
Mud

Nice find!!! You could buy a couple mercs there..lol

Thanks fellas! I will say this other minor noticing of today...Since I put those GG NDT cans on the F70, I'm finding a LOT more nickels! So heres the deal..I hunt heads up and seldom look at the screen...As a claddy/jeweler, I'm hunting tab heavens and junkyards...

But I did notice this am, after all these years, those quality cans just 'pop' a nickel tone! Seems the tabs have a certain 'fuzzy' tone with a minor squelch, and the nickels are dead flat solid?

So that was sort of interesting and a fun exercise...Running 'DP tones' on the F70, hopping coil and banging solid nickels just by audio...I was looking down a bit today at the TIDS, trying to 'call' the target, and pulling targets in that nickel tone just for giggles...No mistake..a definite distinct audio difference verified by the TIDS...Easy as pie to pull nickels out of the tabs with a good set of cans!

Now I'm gonna experiment with my Gold wedding ring and tabs...same exact TID,...I hope theres some sort of minor tonal difference I can figure out and recognize...

The F70 set on Delta Pitch tones is dead freaking accurate when it comes to inland jewelry/coins/dirt gold hunting...In all honesty, its more of a horse than I can ride, but its so damn much fun! So I continue to try and enjoy every minute in the saddle!...
Mud

Yeah that's a stack alright! Curious on the story behind that find. Of course aren't we curious on the back story for all of our finds? :)

Thanks fellas! I will say this other minor noticing of today...Since I put those GG NDT cans on the F70, I'm finding a LOT more nickels! So heres the deal..I hunt heads up and seldom look at the screen...As a claddy/jeweler, I'm hunting tab heavens and junkyards...

But I did notice this am, after all these years, those quality cans just 'pop' a nickel tone! Seems the tabs have a certain 'fuzzy' tone with a minor squelch, and the nickels are dead flat solid?

So that was sort of interesting and a fun exercise...Running 'DP tones' on the F70, hopping coil and banging solid nickels just by audio...I was looking down a bit today at the TIDS, trying to 'call' the target, and pulling targets in that nickel tone just for giggles...No mistake..a definite distinct audio difference verified by the TIDS...Easy as pie to pull nickels out of the tabs with a good set of cans!

Now I'm gonna experiment with my Gold wedding ring and tabs...same exact TID,...I hope theres some sort of minor tonal difference I can figure out and recognize...

The F70 set on Delta Pitch tones is dead freaking accurate when it comes to inland jewelry/coins/dirt gold hunting...In all honesty, its more of a horse than I can ride, but its so damn much fun! So I continue to try and enjoy every minute in the saddle!...
Mud
See, there's part of my problem right there....I keep looking at the numbers instead of listening more closely. Those old beaver tail tabs with the round ring usually come in at solid numbers usually 23 or 24. I need to start listening closer. I'm also going to have to force myself to try the dp tones. I've tried them a couple of times, but not long enough to learn what they're trying to tell me.

Mud, you're one hell of a fast digger. Those clad coins add up fast. We're going to have to get together on a NE Alabama hunt soon. My uncle has a cabin we can stay in and there are plenty of good places to hunt close by. I have plenty of relatives up that way that can put on some old sites. You need to know people up that way to be able to get permissions.

beephead

Nice stack mud, congrats!

Ugh, 3-5" of more white stuff forecast tomorrow :mad: might not be until Feb til my coil kisses the ground.

What a solid January hunting report !
Behind winter my clad total for 2017 iwas re set to zero . I have scrounged up a tiny little stash but I sure am inspired by your success. Drove south today and got into the wood and saved a few shiney ones but the clad pile needs to gro .
Thanks for the playground tips and what a good recess match of king on the mountain can produce .
Congrats on a solid start Mud 💪.
Yes clad is treasure if you buy treasure with it . And beer is one form of treasure also🍺.
HH , Dew

nice clad stack... sure looks like great weather for January. When I lived in Toronto there would usually be 1ft of snow at this time

My best clad stack was 10 clad dimes that were stacked perfectly on top of each other. Looks like you found a better stack.

I do not know why but there are days that I hear nickels and days that I just cant find one. Don't know if its my brain not working or what. My best nickel day was working around a football field and dug up 27 nickels.

Hi Mud,, Did you have your shoes on this time..
Glad you are getting out and having a good time and fun.
We might take another trip for a couple days over here. Going to another beach. Most likely will be full of trash like the rest of them. Oh well, I still have to try my best and have fun.. Take care.. KEN

Back
Top Bottom