Looking for a good set of headphones for my T2. Any suggestions?

spenglure

Elite Member
Hello everyone. I'm looking to purchase a good set of headphones for my teknetics T2 Classic. I'm seeing poor reviews for the Teknetics headphones on Amazon, so I am veering away from them (at this moment). I have used the bounty hunter head phones (almost exact make/model as the Teknetics) and they did not last long. Cord issues lead to broken audio in limited hours of operation. I'm looking for a great pair of head phones that fit my Teknetics (1/4" port). Any suggestions! Fire away. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Wellity wellity wellity! Here we go! A bit of background if I may...I bought an F70 7yrs ago, sort of a 'sister' to your rig...it came with the 'stock' phones...I thought, "Hey, I'm finding all sorts of stuff with these cheap cans, so why go any further?" :laughing: WRONG! All the old guys tried to warn me, said, "Puppy, with that rig, you gotta go with some high quality audios"...But I didnt listen for a real long time and made due as I learned the subtleties of dirt metal tones thinking I knew what I was doing...I even ran Garret phones on the F70 for a few years since they were freebies with my AtPro...! What a freaking cheapskate I am/was! :laughing:

So then I broke down and ordered up a set of quality cans....I now run a set of GG NDTS on this rig, and I can say, coming off of stock cans, combined with the power of a rig like you got, its just amazingly wonderful the nuances of sound you hear with some quality phones! So yeah, drop $120 or so on some quality cans and thank me later...this IS an audio based Sport afterall, and if you cant hear it, you cant find it!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• headphones.jpg
    headphones.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 509
I use Sun Ray Pro golds on my Teknetics Omega 8000 and they were reffere by other Omega users and i love them

Yes buy quality ones!
I use these volume limited ones on my machine, superb for any machine which has modulated audio as you can bring the whisper tones up to a higher level without blowing your ears off on a shallow target!

Attachments

• 20170114_164247-360x480.jpg
    20170114_164247-360x480.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 468
Wellity wellity wellity! Here we go! A bit of background if I may...I bought an F70 7yrs ago, sort of a 'sister' to your rig...it came with the 'stock' phones...I thought, "Hey, I'm finding all sorts of stuff with these cheap cans, so why go any further?" :laughing: WRONG! All the old guys tried to warn me, said, "Puppy, with that rig, you gotta go with some high quality audios"...But I didnt listen for a real long time and made due as I learned the subtleties of dirt metal tones thinking I knew what I was doing...I even ran Garret phones on the F70 for a few years since they were freebies with my AtPro...! What a freaking cheapskate I am/was! :laughing:

So then I broke down and ordered up a set of quality cans....I now run a set of GG NDTS on this rig, and I can say, coming off of stock cans, combined with the power of a rig like you got, its just amazingly wonderful the nuances of sound you hear with some quality phones! So yeah, drop $120 or so on some quality cans and thank me later...this IS an audio based Sport afterall, and if you cant hear it, you cant find it!:laughing:
Mud

Thanks Mud! This is the exact kind of information I as looking for. I was going to go the cheap route but now I think it's time to upgrade!

Also
I know many people on here use ear buds. I tried them one summer after I was sweating like crazy from my stock over the ear phones. I myself did not like the earbuds at all. Every time I set my detector down or I pulled the cord a little with my arm they would pop out. With stock head phones and the coiled springy cord you don't notice it. But with the straight cord on the ear buds I was constantly putting them back in, maybe I am missing something.

I Use Sunray pro Golds on all my detectors. Been at this for many years and can say they have the best quality audio I have seen yet.

Spengure, spend the money on a good set designed for detecting and don't be tempted to get a set of on-the-ear or over-the-ear headphones designed for home audio. As already mentioned detecting is a hard environment on headphones and the wiring and connectors used on home audio headphones will not last through multiple seasons of detecting because they are not designed for it.

+2 on the sunray progolds. I also have an F70 and with the progolds it's like a new detector. Things just sound so crisp and clean compared to my koss QZ99's that I had been using. Now the QZ99's aren't bad for the price, but I like the progolds better.

When I purchased my first detector I had talked to my brother in law about what I needed and his comment was if you can not hear those subtle tones of deep targets those targets will stay in the dirt. Headphones definitely are not the place to try to save money. Get yourself a Quality set of cans and you will never regret it.

Thank you all for the terrific info. Prior to this post I was going to buy some mid-range Garrett head phones. Now it will be one of the head phones you guys recommended! Thanks a million!

Thank you all for the terrific info. Prior to this post I was going to buy some mid-range Garrett head phones. Now it will be one of the head phones you guys recommended! Thanks a million!

Aas the forum Sponsors also. they have the best prices on gear

Contact Craig (detectingMO) on this site. showmetreasure.com

I got a pair of Black Widow headphones at a great price. The build quality is superior to most and they have a lifetime warranty.

Contact Craig (detectingMO) on this site. showmetreasure.com

I got a pair of Black Widow headphones at a great price. The build quality is superior to most and they have a lifetime warranty.

I will look into that, thanks!

So after doing some research, I believe I am interested in the Sun Ray Pro Golds or Gray Ghost phones. Who should I contact about these? There are quite a few forum sponsors. Don't know where to start? Thanks!

So after doing some research, I believe I am interested in the Sun Ray Pro Golds or Gray Ghost phones. Who should I contact about these? There are quite a few forum sponsors. Don't know where to start? Thanks!

Build a relationship...Most all of the Vendors listed here have been vetted by us over the years...Look at their sites, call if you want, find one that seems to fit your personality the best...

Even though this is a predominantly Solitary Sport, we all have our preferred Armorers we have a longstanding trust relationship with..dont buy on price alone...thats about it...Time and Gold waits for Nobody...
Mud

Pick one and build a relationship...Most all of the Vendors listed here have been vetted by us over the years...Look at their sites, call if you want, find one that seems to fit your personality the best...

Even though this is a Solitary Sport, we all have our preferred Armorers we have a longstanding trust relationship with..dont buy on price alone...thats about it...Time and Gold wait for Nobody...
Mud

Thanks for the advice, Mud!

Back
Top Bottom