Still getting colder...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member

:snowflake:

Well today it was 14F, -1F on the wind chill, crunched through ice to get out to my zone, on the way back in, I walked on top of it..:shock: Yesterday, my machine shut down due to the batteries freezing... Today she wore her coat, made up of layers of plastic grocery bags.. Not pretty, but my batteries did not even drop one bar! A hand warmer taped to the grip worked wonders also!! :yes:

Sinkers were the majority of todays take, the biggest was 8oz... Bullets came in second.. Found ring #86, an old gold plated junker, and three pennies, 1981, 1916, and my 4th indian of the season 1904..

I have done a lot worse....when I first started this water game...

I think tomorrow might be the last shot before the water gets too hard..

Good luck all and thanks for looking!!

All of it...

IMG_5137_zpse54496f9.jpg

The best...

IMG_5139_zpsf1240326.jpg

My baby in her new cozy winter coat, with heated grip!!!

IMG_5140_zps689a1d22.jpg

:snowflake:

<*)))>{​

Your CRAZY!!!! I THOUGHT about going out today but that wind was WAY too much. I can tell you a little secret. Whatever is out there will still be there next year. Nobody else is going to get it!!

Congrats and you are in the old stuff for sure. Good luck on finding your next gold!!!

Nice hunt Ice. Congrats....:yes: (Only hunting I'll be doing round here will be for Perch w/my jigging rod...:D)......Oh, and walleye too.......

Ice, I don't know if I should tell you that you are crazy or you crack me up,,,,:laughing:I WILL say, what dedication and commend you for even attempting those kind of conditions and you had some good finds to go with it,,,,I think the crack me up part is that like in October before the weather starting getting really cold you posted, "my last water hunt of the season",,,,:laughing:I bet a good scoop will break through the ice for you when it freezes over,,,,,I love it, keep it up! GL HH

Ice scratcher is a complete maniac

I scratcher is a personal friend of mine, he takes everything to the extreme and does quite well. He's asked me the last two days to come out to the lake yesterday I was unable to and today I used the locksmith is coming excuse. I enjoy his determination and perseverance

Hey Ice Scratcher, I love your posts! Thank you! I think you just motivated me to stand in a lake on Thursday in my waders, should be about 30 degrees here. HH

Been there. I can remember climbing snow drifts like 5' deep to get to the beach. You could only dig in the water and waves, there was no wet sand it was all frozen solid like concrete. At least we have salt water that takes longer to freeze. You could always cut the ice with a chainsaw and open up a small area to detect but I'll bet you are already contemplating that. :yes: Dedicated water hunters never want to stop hunting.

Ice, I don't know if I should tell you that you are crazy or you crack me up,,,,:laughing:I WILL say, what dedication and commend you for even attempting those kind of conditions and you had some good finds to go with it,,,,I think the crack me up part is that like in October before the weather starting getting really cold you posted, "my last water hunt of the season",,,,:laughing:I bet a good scoop will break through the ice for you when it freezes over,,,,,I love it, keep it up! GL HH

I was thinking the same thing! I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. You're the man, Ice! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ice, I don't know if I should tell you that you are crazy or you crack me up,,,,:laughing:I think the crack me up part is that like in October before the weather starting getting really cold you posted, "my last water hunt of the season",,,,:laughing:

You know what, that was before I realized I was about to miss a perfect opportunity..... I have NEVER seen better conditions for pre-season training for the hardwater fishing season.. In the past, I would rot, indoors, till the water got hard enough to walk on... Once there was enough ice to fish, I had some time before I was hardy to the cold... Now I am growing with the ice, I used to think ice fishing was cold..:lol: Nothing like wading in 33F water in non-insulated waders to get accustomed to old man winter!!! My coil was getting heavy today, like making candles, every dip added a layer.. :D

I love it!! That which does not kill you........

Tomorrow, I'm thinking, might be my last chance... That is if mamma nature don't put hard a lid on it...

Ring beach for my final exam....

<*)))>{

I scratcher is a personal friend of mine, he takes everything to the extreme and does quite well. He's asked me the last two days to come out to the lake yesterday I was unable to and today I used the locksmith is coming excuse. I enjoy his determination and perseverance

No way!! I can't believe you figured out how to post on here again!!:shock:

I'm thrilled to see you post again bro!! You will pay for not going out and getting used to this wonderful weather, when I get you on Lake X for some mid-January panfish action. Winter is just getting started :D.....

<*)))>{

Hey Ice Scratcher, I love your posts! Thank you! I think you just motivated me to stand in a lake on Thursday in my waders, should be about 30 degrees here. HH

Thanks man!!

Time to go get it, we're having a heat wave!!!!

<*)))>{

Didnt think of the batteries doing that to you but it does make sense. Be awesome if you got some of this on camera.

Back
Top Bottom