Its Ugly but its Gold....added 2 pictures

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
After Bruce and I got my work done for the day we went hunting for a short while at a beach I did well last year on the gold and silver after Sandy... one of the first hits was the gold ring that was at the top of the wet sand slope in the red sand... it was a scoop and a half down... we hunted there about an hour then tried another spot but Bruce wasn't feeling it today ;)

I have the monkey off my back with the SEF now... the ring is 8.8 grams of 10k with a minecut diamond... I didn't think it was going to be real being 10k...

No.. I wasn't hunting "rock beach" :lol:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 572
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 572
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Congrats on the gold and ice. Your's is alot nicer and bigger then mine, so don't be calling it ugly. : ) Any gold is GOOD gold. Good luck on future hunts.

Ugly gold is the best kind..... you dont mind getting rid of it. The shinny ones with those things they call diamonds .... i just cant let go of.:laughing: Nice chunk of gold .....

Dew

Ugly gold is the best kind..... you dont mind getting rid of it. The shinny ones with those things they call diamonds .... i just cant let go of.:laughing: Nice chunk of gold .....

Dew

I never have any feelings of guilt so anything I find I could easily part with...:lol:

Those who don't dig penny tones would have missed the ring... I reburied it so Bruce could swing his the detector he was using over it and he was surprised it came in at a penny tone.

Looks like it has a lot of copper/silver in it..reason for the higher tone? One different kind of looking ring...it gold, and that's all that matters...maybe dated to the 60s?

Looks like it has a lot of copper/silver in it..reason for the higher tone? One different kind of looking ring...it gold, and that's all that matters...maybe dated to the 60s?

Its yellow, rose and white gold... 41% gold has to have fillers most likely copper I guess that would explain the high tone..

If you want to go to that beach as well let me know...

After Bruce and I got my work done for the day we went hunting for a short while at a beach I did well last year on the gold and silver after Sandy... one of the first hits was the gold ring that was at the top of the wet sand slope in the red sand... it was a scoop and a half down... we hunted there about an hour then tried another spot but Bruce wasn't feeling it today ;)

I have the monkey off my back with the SEF now... the ring is 8.8 grams of 10k with a minecut diamond... I didn't think it was going to be real being 10k...

No.. I wasn't hunting "rock beach" :lol:

Very solid ring. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom