This is what I found, TID machines vs machines without.

Nothing really to do with having a TID or not but how you adjust the machine. The Tesoro is adjusted to only discriminate anything below iron. The added coin puts the target just above iron. The Alpha is discriminating out foil and below which would discriminate out the coin.

Here is a video I did with the DFX.

Nothing really to do with having a TID or not but how you adjust the machine. The Tesoro is adjusted to only discriminate anything below iron. The added coin puts the target just above iron. The Alpha is discriminating out foil and below which would discriminate out the coin.

Here is a video I did with the DFX.

Ok I have only been doing this for about a year, please explain What your talking about because if I turn both detectors up to knock out nickels or lower it would be the same result. The delta is still giving an alert it's just bouncy because it's next to iron, you can't see the bouncy on the cibola so you would dig it.

That's the only point I was tring make.

When I would hunt with either detector I would run them to knock out anything iron , leaving foil. On both? So I'm just not understanding what you mean.

How should I do the test?

I'm not mad or anything just trying to understand and gain wisdom.

After watching the video the dxf looks like a very good detector and with a price tag at over 1000.00 I would expect that kind of performance.

On the other hand the ace and the tek don't do well in this type of test or in real life. I have tested both.

Your video is a good one and does show the results IF someone were to rely strictly on the TID. Personally I go by sound first and then use the TID to verify what I think I'm hearing. If the target sounds good then I will generally recover no matter what my display says.

I thought I heard you say you discriminated out foil on the Alpha which would also make seeing the coin with iron more difficult. Don't get me wrong Tesoro detectors rock, I just happen to prefer a good visual display to go along with my sound.

First and foremost anyone who relies on a visual ID around trash is definitely not working the site in a way to get all the targets, just the easier ones.

As for the test, the more a detector likes iron (which is a negative to me) the better it's probably going to do on that test. Plus it's flawed to begin with because you didn't scan the nail first to prove it wasn't it the detector wasn't seeing, but more importantly you can't mimic rusty nail conditions above ground.

First and foremost anyone who relies on a visual ID around trash is definitely not working the site in a way to get all the targets, just the easier ones.

As for the test, the more a detector likes iron (which is a negative to me) the better it's probably going to do on that test. Plus it's flawed to begin with because you didn't scan the nail first to prove it wasn't it the detector wasn't seeing, but more importantly you can't mimic rusty nail conditions above ground.

Good call your right,darn I knew I for got something thanks. Both machines did not pick up nail alone.. Next time I will do better, still learning.

And yes I did say foil, I was meaning iron ,it just did not come to my tounge..I just discd out iron on both.

Thanks for the input guys!

Back
Top Bottom