Coin rolling adventures and some pertinent information for those who coin roll

equipmentandstuff

Hello all! I have been lying low doing coin rolling ($2000 per week) of halves.
DSC00618.jpg

Typically I have been finding 2-3 silver halves per box of $500. My bank is now charging me $1.79 per box of halves that I buy. This seems to be the trend of most banks in my area (i.e. 5/3, Chase, Wells Fargo, etc...). I had my best coin rolling day to date: 14-90% halves, 49-40% halves and a 1985 24k commerative.
DSC00617.jpg

The business I sell my silver to is a local company who paid (today) $1.45 for 40% and $4.75 for the 90% halves. I sell my wheat pennies to a friend for 3 cents each.

So your $7 investment netted you $124 in selling the silver coins? Not bad getting a 17X return :wow:

Yes, but...

I found ALL of the silver in one box...the other three netted 0. I am not trying to sound greedy, but (as you know) there is no guarantee in coin rolling. Typically I average a few silver coins per box, so the fee should be absorbed. I am greatful to my bank as many banks are charging a lot more or simply not ordering for their customers.

The milk half gallon in the pic...

I am hoarding copper pennies as well (1982 and prior). With the market going to hell in a handbasket, I am speculating that the price of copper will rise as gold and silver has.

Are you sure the half dollar is gold...? I have found a couple with gold color... and one with dates on the sides. 1960... and 1980 one on each side... it had a gold color, but that color is going away. how do you know if its gold or not?
:?:
I also haev a couple quarters like that could they be gold?

Back
Top Bottom