Where I play

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Here is an idea for all you underwater hunters or those that are curious of were I play in the water. The huge bridges you see are in my hometown. You can also see a diver getting a 3 pound sinker. If you watch the bubbles you can get a small idea on what the current is like.

This however is NOT where I find my gold!! I have found a couple in this river but NOT with a detector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kr7QkbCVNyk

You can throw someone off by geotagging a photo of some gold in the wood chips. When they go to check it out and look up they see McDonalds golden arches from the parking lot:laughing:

That's some pretty cool stuff . Is the stuff down there legal for you to salavage , as far as shipwrecks ? Looks like fun , I've always wanted to try scuba diving , just never have . I always heard those Mercury boat motors made good boat anchors ,, :laughing:

That's some pretty cool stuff . Is the stuff down there legal for you to salavage , as far as shipwrecks ? Looks like fun , I've always wanted to try scuba diving , just never have . I always heard those Mercury boat motors made good boat anchors ,, :laughing:

Yes the river is fair game. Anything you find you can have IF you can bring it up!! The lake on the other side of the bridges is mostly protected.

The steam crane that fell off a barge in the video is a good example of what you can't bring up! I have been on it a few times. I have NEVER found an outboard motor yet. One of my dreams.

That video just gives you a very small idea of what is down there. Not much left on most the shipwrecks. You can find new things if you keep digging day after day, year after year.

They took some great pictures of a musky, sturgeon, rock bass, walleye, sheep head, and small mouth bass.

Yes the river is fair game. Anything you find you can have IF you can bring it up!! The lake on the other side of the bridges is mostly protected.

The steam crane that fell off a barge in the video is a good example of what you can't bring up! I have been on it a few times. I have NEVER found an outboard motor yet. One of my dreams.

That video just gives you a very small idea of what is down there. Not much left on most the shipwrecks. You can find new things if you keep digging day after day, year after year.

They took some great pictures of a musky, sturgeon, rock bass, walleye, sheep head, and small mouth bass.

Tried salvaging motors in saltwater. Now all you do is take the prop. Maybe the shroud too? Lower unit maybe? They say you can soak one in freshwater in a drum. The ones I tried went to the scrap yard. problem with the scrapyard is an outboard is aluminum and iron so you got paid less than the gas it took to drop it off.:lol:

I have NEVER found an outboard motor yet. One of my dreams.
My guess is that the only thing you have not found...Miss your Finds Post Scuba

That was some pretty cool stuff there, that sturgeon footage was killer!

I did not see any walleye, but I did see a red horse sucker though, and a small mouth too..

Thanks for sharing, that looks like a blast!

<*)))>{

That was some pretty cool stuff there, that sturgeon footage was killer!

I did not see any walleye, but I did see a red horse sucker though, and a small mouth too..

Thanks for sharing, that looks like a blast!

<*)))>{

12:33 - 12:46 you see a couple walleye. I have seen hundreds in one spot before.

It is a blast. You never know what you are going to come across down there.

12:33 - 12:46 you see a couple walleye. I have seen hundreds in one spot before.

It is a blast. You never know what you are going to come across down there.

Yep, I missed em some how.. You can id them pretty far off because of the white tip on their tail...

Awesome!

<°)))>{

That's cool, the rivers here have no visibility, I know when the police divers go in to look for bodies they pretty much have to use their hands to feel around, and the fact that they find so many bodies in it would make me not want to dive it anyway. :D

Thanks for watching CJ. Now you all can see why I find 3 pound sinkers. Nothing else will work in this crazy current. They even roll around before they stop and sometimes get snagged.

That is an awesome video and thanks for sharing.

I have a terrible phobia of being under water, I wish I could get over that because it is absolutely beautiful to watch, would love to experience it live. I just can't keep from panicking when I am completely submerged. I think it comes from a bad skiing experience when I was really young.

Back
Top Bottom