I miss those days

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
All this has been gone. Got to drive to Daytona to experience what we used to have. Nothing here but water and bars now. Old Ferris wheel and go karts were the bomb back in the day. I hate progress:no:

Attachments

• boardwalk.jpg
    boardwalk.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 434
  • ferris wheel.jpg
    ferris wheel.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 665
I don't think bars are progress, but a jump backward.

Probably has to do with lawsuits and liability. It's a shame. A lot of landowners here won't let us hunt because they worry about being sued. :no:

So do I.

Can you imagine hitting the beach with a GT back then?

R5

An Xcal back then i might have made a living. Now.... its gambling, you win some you lose some.... just hope to go home with a break even smile on your face. Now days its the "OMG i just peed my pants" kind of finds that keep us out there not the quantity.

Dew

An Xcal back then i might have made a living. Now.... its gambling, you win some you lose some.... just hope to go home with a break even smile on your face. Now days its the "OMG i just peed my pants" kind of finds that keep us out there not the quantity.

Dew

I heard stories about the old days around here. Some beaches with bulkheads you could fill a sandwich bag with rings working against them. If they had the machines we use today back then you could probably really retire and detect. Now with target and walmart, nobody has to buy real jewelry. You can imagine the coins from the parents digging out clad so their kids can go ride the ferris wheel. Now you have to leave the beach if you want to do something besides sit in a lawn chair or swim. I remember our crowds in the 70's. Now you see three people walking down the sidewalk. Back then it looked like a herd of Buffalo:lol:

There is a lake I dive at that had a roller coaster going over part of it. Another had two huge canvas slides going out over the water. Pictures of those places are awesome.

Lawsuits and modern day progress has killed a lot of attractions.

Progress? I think that is a questionable term. TV, computers and video games have diminished people going out and having fun.

I had not been to Daytona now for over 10 years. I remember that last time it was not as fun to drive on the beach like I had done in the 70's. I am not sure what changed but it was not the same experance as I had remembered. Disapointing? Bring back the Mel's old dinners and Ron Jon's surf shops. :D Sometimes a business does not always need to make money to be of a value.

There is a lake I dive at that had a roller coaster going over part of it. Another had two huge canvas slides going out over the water. Pictures of those places are awesome.

Lawsuits and modern day progress has killed a lot of attractions.

Progress? I think that is a questionable term. TV, computers and video games have diminished people going out and having fun.

Bingo,,,,,says it all,,,,GL HH

I agree Tim. Parks have given way to soccer fields..... people dont spend family time much any more outside. Who knows when someone will try to make a name for themselves and put the beaches off limits to detecting..... better get it now ..... at least you will be able to tell your grandkids about the good ole days.

Dew

I agree Tim. Parks have given way to soccer fields..... people dont spend family time much any more outside. Who knows when someone will try to make a name for themselves and put the beaches off limits to detecting..... better get it now ..... at least you will be able to tell your grandkids about the good ole days.

Dew

When I was a kid, we played outside so much my Mom would ring this large cow bell to let us know it was dinner time,,,,weekends, we were always with family at the beaches, boating, and whatever

Dew, we talked about permits and bans, I will bet within a few years, MD will require a permit,,,,someday, they may put a ban on it,,,,and if they do, I will hunt at night and maybe there will be more gold to be found,,,:lol:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom