Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by newbieshooter View post
I never tried using one to buy a coke or soft drink from a machine. If they work for that, then I might want to carry a few. But for $2 coins the entire vending machine industry would have to retool...I don't think they would take kindly to that!

:

Well most vending machines that take bills also take $5.00 bills the post office stamp machine gives dollar coins for change. At most we would probably only have 4 to 5 dollar coins in our pocket at a time no worse than the quarters. Speaking of which why don't banks give out halfs routinely we used to have them all the time when I was younger.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by newbieshooter View post
And when folks lose them, it will be a lot easier for us MDers to find them!

BTW, it would not bother me to FIND a pocket full of them!

IDEA! Maybe we could get folks to start filling fruit jars with them and burying them in their back yards! The new dollar bank hoarders! HA HA
I like the cut of your jib sir!