What’s more elusive to you? Barber Dimes or V Nickels?

spenglure

Elite Member
Just wondering what’s the more elusive find for each of you? Is it the barber dime or is it the V nickel?

Since I've dug four barber dimes and zero v nickels I have to go with v nickels are harder to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold coins! Hahaha :shock:no, I have dug 8 V’s and 3 or 4 Barber dimes this year...

V's for me, but honestly don't really dig the nickel signals hardly at all. So really it is a decision or mindset made prior to hunting for me.

I've found one Barber dime (No Mercs or Rosies even) and no V's.

I do dig the ring tab signals but not many nickles of any kind. Actually have almost as many Buffalos as Jeffersons.

Same for me.

Actually your screen name brings up a nickel reminder. When the V3i was a go to machine for me I did dig many of the nickel signals. I found that machine to be 100% accurate in distinguishing between nickels and pulltabs of any kind.

I've dug 5 Barber dimes (plus a couple of Barber quarters), but no nickels older than Buffaloes. Probably found 10 or 12 Buffaloes, though.

When I first started detecting two of the first silver coins I found was a barber dime and a barber quarter. The only two barbers I have ever found So far I still have not found a V nickel.

I seem to find more V nickels than Barber dimes. I've got like 6 or 7 V nickels this year and only 2 Barber dimes.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I enjoy reading stuff like this. I'd say for me, I find more barber dimes than V Nickels. I probably find 4 barbers for every V Nickel found. I always dig nickel signals at old coin hot spots and every now and again out pops a V Nickel! I bet if I dug every nickel signal I would have more V Nickels but also 10 X more trash!!

Back
Top Bottom