Compadre Comparison, 5.75" & 7" Coils?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I can easily see an inch+ of possible depth loss, but what is the opinions from Compadre owners here about the overall differences between the 2 coils on this machine? Seems like the smaller coil could be better in seperation, so is it an equal trade off, or what? martin

I can easily see an inch+ of possible depth loss, but what is the opinions from Compadre owners here about the overall differences between the 2 coils on this machine? Seems like the smaller coil could be better in seperation, so is it an equal trade off, or what? martin

I got mine from Skiwhiz that has owned a few, and it is the 7" model.
He told me the larger coil will hit on really small stuff about an inch or two deeper than the small ones he has owned in air testing.
I have never held a small coil model, but I can't believe the separation can be that much better than the 7".
In my experience, that ability with the 7" is in the realm of surgical precision.
Trashy sites are no problem, sizing ability just by swinging over a target is phenomenal, and the sense on mine has been turned up to just below max so my depth is pretty close to 8" in the ground or even a little deeper.

I got mine from Skiwhiz that has owned a few, and it is the 7" model.
He told me the larger coil will hit on really small stuff about an inch or two deeper than the small ones he has owned in air testing.
I have never held a small coil model, but I can't believe the separation can be that much better than the 7".
In my experience, that ability with the 7" is in the realm of surgical precision.
Trashy sites are no problem, sizing ability just by swinging over a target is phenomenal, and the sense on mine has been turned up to just below max so my depth is pretty close to 8" in the ground or even a little deeper.

I wonder why Toreso dropped the 7" model? martin

I never used the 7 inch coil...but am now wondering the same question as martin V3i..."why did they drop the 7inch model?"

I heard and read some were for finding better smaller targets but it does lose a little depth but hardly

I heard and read some were for finding better smaller targets but it does lose a little depth but hardly

On my first hunt I found one bead from the tiny chain that comes with a small nail clipper.
One lonely bead.

bead.jpg

Pretty sensitive, I would say...it was a loud and solid signal, too.

I have also found tiny gold and chains that would hardly make a blip on my other detectors.
So, you heard wrong.

Back
Top Bottom