Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Elite Member

Default $300k of gold dust found in home

Who needs to detect when you can find stuff in your own home...shame mine was built for my wife so unless she stashed something theres nothing to be found but my old hopuse in england was 400 years old and three feet thick walls...found old papers but no real goodies, still $300k on gold dust isnt bad

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...d-in-home.kovr

Old 11-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Wow! Why cant i find that in my house!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Paul2012 View post
Wow! Why cant i find that in my house!
I found plenty of dust im my house..just the wrong brand

Old 11-25-2012, 01:52 PM

I wonder if cat dander is worth anything?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

They broke the first rule in treasure hunting right off the bat!

Keep your pie hole shut!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
in memory of...

Originally Posted by Irons View post
They broke the first rule in treasure hunting right off the bat!

Keep your pie hole shut!!!
+1 on that, into tool box it would of gone, it probably didnt belong to the homeowner, some old guy probably stashed it and passed away...JMO.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by clifftronics View post
+1 on that, into tool box it would of gone, it probably didnt belong to the homeowner, some old guy probably stashed it and passed away...JMO.
You mean like virtually everyone on here...

If we dropped off and the md community came to the wake all youd hear is the beep beeping of detectors all over the house, garden, garage, attic, neighbours, around the old tree in the field next door, etc etc....probably even hear someone scanning the coffin (just in case)...

Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dark Chameleon View post
You mean like virtually everyone on here...

If we dropped off and the md community came to the wake all youd hear is the beep beeping of detectors all over the house, garden, garage, attic, neighbours, around the old tree in the field next door, etc etc....probably even hear someone scanning the coffin (just in case)...
I'm seriously thinking of throwing my gold finds back into the water some day if I don't need the money in retirement.

That way I know the person who finds it is a treasure hunter like myself. At the moment I don't have any heirs who I would trust with 15 cents of clad.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Elite Member

I'm seriously thinking of throwing my gold finds back into the water some day if I don't need the money in retirement.

That way I know the person who finds it is a treasure hunter like myself. At the moment I don't have any heirs who I would trust with 15 cents of clad.
Tell me about it....i have told my kids (all step kids) that being a smart man i have no intentions of leaving them a damn thing...

I told them if they inherit anything it wasnt planned beyond those single items like my watch for my son, my wifes diamond ring for her daughter and so on...unless i drop without the ability of having spent all my money then they get little to nothing...as it should be.

You lack ambition if your looking at a load of money when your about 40...i know my mom died and left little more then it took to bury her and i think that was good...my dad is a different matter, he has already told us we get shares no matter what (its a lot of money) but i dont want anyone kissing my tukus to get my money and i wont do it to my dad for his.

That doesnt mean others arnt

All my stash goes to the wife or to the german shepherd rescue league...

Old 11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Elite Member

Here's an option...get a bunch of md friends together and have a dead list..the last one to die naturally gets the lot...lol then they leave it to some charity they all agree on up front.

My families old generation did it, theys pick one relative and leave all their money to them...only to be given when the last one died..to always make sure each generation had one rich person in it....sick but it worked for a few centuries

Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Elite Member

The one thing you can snort that will make you money... and probably a little dumber, but hey.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
in memory of...

Ive got a mud puddle in my back yard ya can through it into also have a birdbath in front yard full of water...hint, hint.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
in memory of...

Originally Posted by Midknight View post
The one thing you can snort that will make you money... and probably a little dumber, but hey.
I dont know about snorting it, but I know you can drink it, Its called Gold Schlager

Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by clifftronics View post
I dont know about snorting it, but I know you can drink it, Its called Gold Schlager
True, but either way its not going to be easy or clean to sell the gold once you do either.