Abbreviations on Jewelry?

jackdevil

Elite Member
Ok so this is a question that's been bothering me a while... I can't seem to find info on the net to directly answer it. I keep finding rings with different jewels...sapphires, diamonds, emeralds, etc. Now these rings have the usual gold karat stamp such as 10k, 14k etc. What I want to know is what does AJ, AAJ, SP11, I, M2A...etc. If people could just list the ones they know and what they mean I think it could be people helpful as a reference to everyone on the forum.

This might get you started.....just google "jewel chat marks morning glory jewelry"

Dusty

That site is helpful for understanding who may have designed different pieces but it doesn't have any info on the types of abbreviations I'm looking for.The abbreviations I'm interested in are related to the jewels set into the pieces...at least I believe thats what they stand for.

I don't believe that you're going to find any markings refering to stones set in jewelry unless it was a handcrafted piece. The other markings are probably representing a company, a designer, or a stock number for that item.

Oh well... It just seems like there are so many that have some of these common markings that i'd be able to find what they stand for somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom